Chapter 40

Obviously this is Red Harrington, I just needed to show how pwetty Helena is with red hair...but Julia wouldn't wear that lol

Julia and Barnabas had been in England for about 6 weeks, finally moving into a the house Barnabas owned. Julia didn't like it as much as the old house, but she still liked it. It was a little smaller, but that was necessarily a bad thing, the old house was so big Julia hadn't even been in half of it. Julia wanted to get a room as far away from Hunter and Maria's room as possible, she loved Annie, but she screamed all night, and Julia wanted at least 3 hours of sleep a night.

Julia was happy that Erica had found someone, Luke was really sweet to her, much better than Oscar. He didn't really have any family that he cared about back home, he cared about Erica much more that all of them, so was happy to move over with them, start a new life. She was genuinely happy with her life, she loved her children, her grandchildren, her husband. She loved Barnabas more than anything, he was her other half, she couldn't live without him. And she would be able to see everything she did anymore, she should have been almost 60 by now, and yet she was still 32.

"Julia, can I talk to you for a moment?" Barnabas asked.

"What is it?" Julia asked. They were both standing in their new bedroom, unpacking clothes. "Do you want me to change Shelby?"

"No, no, actually I want us to do something without the kids, something romantic, we never do that any more." Barnabas said.

"Are you sure? Or do you just want to get into my pants?" Julia said, grinning at him.

"No, genuinely. A husband should take his wife out, and we never do that. We never really did that anyway, I think it would be nice. What do you say?" Barnabas offered.

"Okay then." Julia said, putting her arms around Barnabas's waist and kissing him softly. "You plan something, we'll go out tomorrow night. Sound good?"

"It will be delightful." Barnabas said, kissing her back.

"You know, sometimes I forget how posh you are."

"I'm sure every time you forget, you get a little surge of joy when you realise that your husband is posher than you."

"Sarky bastard."

~*~

The next day, Barnabas was out with Hunter buying food, and Julia was getting ready for her date, it was about 6:00, and they left at 7:30. "Erica, Maria, can you come here for a minute?" Julia asked. "I need a little help over here."

Erica and Maria walked into the bathroom, Julia was standing by the mirror trying to do makeup. "No offense, but you need serious help." Erica said. "You look really old."

Julia sighed. "I'm so crap at all this, can you please help me here?"

"I'd love to." Maria smiled. Maria and Erica took about an hour to turn Julia from a orange-haired psychiatrist to a beautiful, and young, wife. She was wearing a long black dress, it was quite flowy at the ends, and a necklace with a diamond on it, Barnabas had given it to her years before. She had subtle eye shadow, and red lipstick, she never wore bright lipstick, it was very unlike her, but it still suited her, she looked beautiful.

"Thank you Maria!" Julia said.

"Hey! I'm here to!" Erica said.

"Yeah, but your more there for moral support. Maria was the one who did everything." Julia said.

"That is kinda true..." Erica laughed.

"Your very welcome, Julia." Maria smiled. It was weird now, everyone else in the country had Barnabas and Maria's accent, now it was just Julia, Hunter, Erica and Luke. Luke has been dealing with two toddlers and a baby for almost two hours, so Maria and Erica and decided to go and help, leaving Julia alone in her bedroom. Julia looked in the mirror again, it was difficult for her to go out on dates sometimes, she used to do it a lot when she was much younger, at least three dates a week, and she was only sixteen. That's how she got pregnant the first time with Alyssa...