Chapter 12

The pic is kind of what I imagine Viola to look like, a bit like the renesme from twilight :)

~*~ 3 months later ~*~

Julia was sitting in her office, drinking a large amount of water, and trying to get off her swollen feet. Her stomach had grow a lot bigger and quicker than anticipated, it was only five months through but she looked about seven. Viola had still been distant, even David seemed a little scared of her. Elizabeth had considered putting her in an orphanage, but Julia didn't have the heart to send her away, she was convinced that Violas mother didn't make the girl a bad person.

David was confused also, he wanted to know what had happened that day with Viola, but had been too scared to talk to her since. He never admitted it, but Julia was like a mother to him ever since his real mother had died, and he truly loved her. He took a deep breath in and knocked on Violas door.

"Viola, can I come in?" He asked, a little sheepishly.

"Yes David," Viola said. She was combing her dolls hair, and when David entered she put her down.

"Viola, I have to ask, what was the spell about? I need to know!" David pleaded, sitting next to Viola on the bed.

Viola bit her lip. "It was to help Julia."

"Yeah, but how? What did it do?"

"Ok. I'll tell you, but you have to promise to never tell anyone," Viola said, putting her hand on David's shoulder.

"I promise."

"Ok. Well, the spell needed things to work, it needed someone who hates her and someone who loves her for it to work," Viola starred.

"But I don't hate Julia," David defended. "I thought you two were good friends..."

"Anyway!" Viola interrupted, using a scolding voice. "I wanted to make her daughter a witch, a very powerful one,"

"Like Angelique..?" David questioned nervously.

"How do you know about Angelique?" Viola questioned sternly.

"She killed my mom," he said. "She was evil. Did you make Julia's baby evil?"

"Well I couldn't, you see, it was a boy," Viola said. "So I did another spell, 'for every boy of the man there will be a girl of great power'."

"Who's the man?" David asked.

"Barnabas." Viola said. "My mother loved him very much, and she said that any other woman who is with him must suffer,"

"That's not fair!" David said. "Julia does nothing wrong. I love her, she's one of the nicest people I know!"

"NO SHES NOT!" Viola yelled. "I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND, NOT HER!"

"No best friend of mine would make Julia suffer," David said, tears running down his face.

"I'm doing it for the greater good, David." Viola said. "I loved my mother very much, I have to do what she asked of me,"

"You don't have to," David pleaded. "Reverse the spell! Please, I'm begging you!"

"I can't, even if I wanted to I couldn't," Viola said. "It's too late, the witch child is already there,"

"Well...She doesn't have to be bad!" David tried. "She could be a good witch,"

"I suppose, but the chances are she would be like my mother, or me," Viola said. The little girl but her forehead and gasped. "Oh no! What have I done! Julias been nothing but nice to me, and I have been evil to her!" Viola sat down on her bed and started crying.

"No Viola, don't cry, it can be a good witch," David said, comforting the little girl.

"I guess..." Viola said. "Your a good friend David."

"Thank you,"

"Your a good boyfriend." She said, and kissed David and the lips. "Now, go find out what's for dinner,"

David walked out of the room, in awe. Viola Floriana Bouchard was talented at many things. She wasn't naturally gifted and witchcraft, but her mother had taught her well. Viola possessed a much more powerful gift, that little girl was the most manipulative girl in the world. And David was too nice to see through it.