Chapter 11

"What are we going to do? Angelique's daughter?"'Julia said, sitting down on her bed with her head in her hands. Over the time Viola had been there Julia and never thought of her at all related to witches, was Viola a witch? Had Angelique taught her anything?

Barnabas sat next to her and put a hand on her back and tried to comfort her. "I think Viola is probably a normal mortal, there is no need to worry," he said, his voice calm.

Julia turned and looked into his eyes, and kissed him, very spur of the moment. Barnabas kissed her back, until he came back to his senses and pulled away.

"Julia, are you sure this is wise?"

"Oh for gods sake Barnabas, since when have I been wise?"

The continued kissing, until Carolyn burst into the room. "Oooooh," Carolyn said giggling.

"Get out!" Julia said, rolling her eyes

"Go ahead, she's already pregnant you've got nothing to worry about," Carolyn said, winking the pair and leaving the bedroom.

~*~

"Are you sure about this?" David asked. He was sitting in Violas room, Viola wanted to play a new game, but David wasn't so sure about it. They had been outside and picked different plants David had never heard of before, Viola said she was christening Julias baby, making it more powerful. At first David thought it was just playing, so he played along, but now it seemed creepily real.

"Don't be silly, David," Viola said, stirring their potions with an old wooden spoon they had stolen from the kitchen. "Your not scared are you?"

"I'm not scared!" David said, defending his pride. "What do we have to do?"

"Ok, copy me," Viola said, taking David's hands and closing her eyes. "La petite fille de le Monsieur de ma mere, va avoir la pouvoire de trente sorciere comme moi,"

David repeated, but after he did both children got lifted up in a gold light and thrown across the room.

"What was that?" David said, very shocked.

"The baby is a boy, it won't work," Viola said, biting her lip. "Let's try something else, come here,"

"No, Viola, I don't like this," David said, staying far back against the wall.

Viola stood up and walked over to the little boy. "You don't want to do something nice for Julia? What of her baby dies? What if it suffers? That will be YOUR fault David, YOUR FAULT!"

"I don't want to hurt Julia..." David said, shuffling further into the corner of the room the closer Viola got to him.

"Good." Viola said, her voice very manipulative. "Now, let's do one more spell, that will make everything better."

"Okay..." David said reluctantly, and followed the little brunette back to the pot of potion.

"Now repeat after me again," Viola said, prompting David to nod. "Pour tout les Garçons de le Monsieur, il va être use belle fille de grande puissance,"

David repeated, this time the gold light that surrounded them brought them up and spun them around, then it turned to a pastel pink colour and gently brought them to the ground, and then evaporated into little petals and vanished when then touched the floor.

"Thank you David," Viola said, " You just saved Julia,"

But she was lying.

Sorry about my awful French, I can speak it but I can't write it!