Four: Kiss and Make Up

Standing in the shadowy alleyway, Philip watched the sun descend, growing more anxious every minute. He had no clue if Theodosia even got his letter, much less if she was coming. He nervously tapped his foot against the concrete, glancing up and down the deserted street.

The sun had completely set, and the streetlights had been lit. Theodosia shivered as hail came shooting from the sky, bouncing off of shingles and hitting the ground with a thud. Turning into the dark alleyway, she saw a shadow leaning against the wall. Theo nervously shifted towards it. "Philip?" she whispered, her voice gentle and hopeless.

"Theodosia!" Philip popped out of the darkness, causing her to jump. "I wasn't sure if you'd come," he said excitedly, and went to wrap her arms around her. Theo backed away, her eyes filled with hurt and sadness. "I- I don't trust you Philip," she said quietly, her eyes falling to the ground.

Philip's face fell, and he stepped away. "Theo, I swear, I didn't mean what I said yesterday. I was lying so my father would leave you alone," he protested, scanning her face for any signs of emotion. 

Theodosia glared at Philip, her eyes shining with tears. "Do you remember what you said that night? What you said to both of us?" She asked, her voice shaking.

Philip's eyes darted nervously around. "Um... I don't," he cringed, knowing she wouldn't be happy.

Theodosia sighed angrily, trying to blink back tears. "I know what you said. You called me ugly. You- you told me you loved me, and you spat on me," she choked on her words, hurt by their meaning. "I came to see if you deserved another chance, but-" Before she could utter another word, Philip kissed Theo, pulling her close.

Theodosia didn't know what to think when Philip grabbed her, but she wasn't going to argue because she missed having him there. It had only been a day, but she could tell, he was the one. Pulling away, Theodosia smiled, her eyes wide. "Wow," she breathed. "I think you're forgiven, for now at least," she pulled him in again, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"I swear on my life, I'll never leave you again," he whispered into her hair, and Theodosia smiled.

Maybe everything wasn't going to be okay, but with Philip there, maybe, just maybe, she could make it. For him.

This chapter was really hard to write because I had to find a way for them to make up without being confusing. Hope I pulled it off.

Hope you enjoyed!

< Jella >