Seventeen: Therapy

Philip left the hospital, wiping tears away. Theodosia was alive, but she was going to be in the hospital for weeks, months even. The doctors didn't know what was wrong with her, they had never seen such violent and long lasting seizures. Feeling helpless, he went to the only place he knew.

Opening the door, Madelyn grinned. "Hello handsome. Missed me?" He pushed her up against the wall, kissing her. 

She held the sides of his face, staring into his eyes. "You need this real bad huh?"

He looked away, holding back tears. Pushing his thoughts away, he kissed her again. "More than you know," he breathed.

*********

Theodosia opened her eyes, the blurry room slowly coming into focus. A woman stood in the door, a demure smile on her face.

"Mother?" Theodosia's voice was soft and hopeful.

The woman nodded and walked forward, kneeling next to the bed. She took her hand, rubbing her thumb over it.

Her father appeared in the doorway. Instead of looking angry, he looked happy, almost peaceful. He stood next to both of them, smiling down at his wife. 

"Dad, I-" Tears filled her eyes, and she smiled.

"I'm proud of you Theodosia. We both are," he said, kissing her forehead.

"I miss you," she whispered, tears streaming down her face.

Her mother stayed silent, only smiling and nodding. 

"Go to sleep Theodosia. We'll see you again." He wrapped his arms around his daughter, and her mom did the same. 

Eyes growing heavy, she tried not to close her eyes, knowing that when she woke neither of them would be there. Her eyes slowly closed, the sound of Burr's voice soothing her.

If you were confused, the above chapter is a hallucination she's having due to the seizure medicine. 

I'm sorry for the next chapter, it's going to be hard to write.

< Jella >