Thirteen: Seizures?

A/N: I am obsessed with macaroon22's Hamilton fanart on Tumblr. Her drawings have been featured in a lot (if not most) of my chapters.

Philip ran into the hospital, looking for Theodosia. He went up to a doctor, hoping he'd know where she was.

"Is Theodosia Ha-, I mean Burr, here? Is Theodosia Burr here?" He asked worriedly.

The doctor nodded. "We brought her in about an hour ago." 

"Is she okay?" He became frantic, unable to hold still.

"I'm sorry sir. Due to the impact on her brain stem and cerebral cortex, she has been diagnosed with intracerebral hemorrhages," he noticed Philip's confused expression. "The tissue inside her brain is bleeding."

This can't be happening. Not to Theodosia. Not to me.

His heart raced. Tears threatened to spill as he asked the question he feared the most. "Wh-what's going to happen to her?"

"Common side effects are seizures and strokes, which can lead to death if untreated. We'd operate on her right now, but we don't have enough time," he said, glancing up. 

This isn't happening. They can't help her.

He choked back tears. "Will you take me to her, please?"

The doctor nodded, and lead him into a room at the end of the hall.

Philip rushed in, his eyes immediately falling her sleeping form. Tears welled in his eyes, but this time he did nothing to stop them.

Standing next to Theodosia, he wiped his eyes. He took her hand, running his fingers along his palm like she always did to him.

Theo's eyes slowly opened, and she smiled weakly at Philip. "Philip?"

He looked up, his face lighting up. "Theo!" He gently hugged her, afraid of hurting her.

"How long have I been out?" she asked, looking around.

"About an hour." Philip paused, looking nervous. "Did... did the doctor tell you?"

She nodded solemnly. "Did they say when I can leave?"

Philip shook his head. "I'll go find out." He stood up and left the room, returning a few minutes later. "The doctor said you can leave in a week or so, depending on how well you're doing."

Theodosia sighed softly, nodding. Walking over to her, Philip kneeled by the bed, taking her hand. "Until then, I'll be here. I'll come before you wake up and leave after you fall asleep." His voice was gentle and comforting, reminding Theo of her mother.

Smiling, she nodded, running her fingers along Philip's palm and fingers.

Her eyes became heavy, and she fell into a deep, peaceful sleep.

I am absolutely in love with how cute Philip and Theo are. Also, 200 READS?!?! THAT'S AMAZING!!! PS: I'm sorry (not sorry) in advance for the next few chapters. 

Take care of yourself

< Jella >