Fifteen: Forgotten

A/N: This is what Madelyn McVaughn looks like if you were wondering:

Philip had never been alone. He had eight siblings who were always running around or playing the piano. The silence was deafening to him. Madelyn was the only person who could cover the silence during the longest week he could ever imagine.

Seeing Madelyn became a habit. Whenever he was lonely, she was there to fill the empty space. She wasn't there for the same reasons Theodosia was.

Theodosia

Madelyn was over as usual when the familiar sound of keys jingling in the door startled both of them. Philip jumped and quickly began dressing. Throwing her corset at her, Philip glanced back at Madelyn. "Get dressed and find somewhere to hide fast." Not bothering to tie his cravat, he quickly made the bed and left.

"Theodosia!" he exclaimed, running to meet her. 

Smiling, she hugged him tight. "Philip! I missed you."

"I missed you too." He glanced back at the bedroom door.

Theo kissed him on the cheek and picked up her suitcases. "I'm going to unpack really quick." She went over to the bedroom.

"No!" She gave him a confused look. "No, I mean, you just got here! Why don't you rest a while?"

She shook her head. "If I don't unpack now, this won't get emptied at all." Opening the door, she calmly walked in and put her suitcase on the bed. She noticed his cravat on the floor and quickly picked it up. "You're such a mess," she teased. "You can't keep the room clean for more than a week." 

He laughed nervously. "Here, why don't I unpack for you while you rest?"

"Philip, I appreciate you trying to help, but I'm really not that tired." She pulled a dress out of the suitcase and went over to the closet.

Philip saw Madelyn in the closet and instantly began to panic.

Sorry for the chapter being so late, I've been getting sick a lot, and I haven't been thinking very straight.

Hope you enjoyed,

< Jella >