Eleven: Confessions

A/N: I'm thinking of doing either a Hamilton one shots book or a Theo/ Philip as kids. Any suggestions?

Theodosia jolted awake, covered in a cold sweat. She shakily looked around, examining the inside of the carriage. 

"Theo, are you okay?" Philip put his hand on her shoulder. "You were shaking and crying," he said, concern in his voice.

She nodded, tears falling from her eyes. "I-I had a flashback. It was-" She glanced up at Philip, and shook her head. "Never mind, it's not important," she mumbled, looking out the window.

He took Theodosia's hand, gently rubbing his thumb across her palm. "What is it? You can tell me," he reassured softly.

Sighing, she nodded. "My parents, they got in a fight. I-I was sick, it was my-" she stopped again, and put her head down, her shoulders shaking.

"Hey," he whispered, taking her other hand. "It's okay. You can tell me, I-" the carriage jolted to a stop, cutting him off.

Philip quickly handed the driver a tip and opened the door. Grabbing their suitcases, he climbed out and helped Theo onto the busy sidewalk. He took her free hand and slowly walked her to an apartment building. 

"As soon as we get settled, we're fixing up your ankle," he smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

Theodosia nodded, not making eye contact. Her hand was weakly holding onto his, and she was still shaking.

Guiding her up the stairs, Philip became more worried as he watched her. Theodosia is never like this. What happened that changed her?

After 10 flights of stairs, they finally reached their apartment. Pulling a key out of his pocket, Philip unlocked the door and pushed it open. "Welcome home!" he smiled, hoping it would make her feel better.

Theo smiled slightly, and stepped into the room. There was a living room straight ahead, with a small, open kitchen to the right. There was a door on the left side of the living room that Theodosia assumed lead to a bedroom.

"Do you like it?" he asked, following her into the living room.

Theodosia nodded, and pulled Philip into a hug, resting her head on his chest.

Smiling sadly, he rubbed her back, rocking gently back and forth. "I know you're not okay Theo. You need to tell me what's going on. I love you," he said quietly.

A tear spilled from Theodosia's eye, and she turned her head so she was staring out the window.

I'm not insane. Despite my father I am not insane.

I'm hoping to do more flashbacks to give Theodosia more of a backstory. I might do a couple on Philip. What do you think?

Hope you enjoyed!

< Jella >