Twelve: Damaged

Philip knew that Theodosia was damaged, and he did everything in his power to make her happy. After a week of serious TLC and stolen kisses, she was somewhat back to normal.

Theo was sitting on the sofa on a bitter winter's day, staring out the frosted windowpane.

Philip sat down next to her, putting his arm around her. Looking at her, he took Theo's hand, lovingly squeezing it. Noticing the hopeless look she had on her face, he frowned worriedly. "What's wrong?"

She looked at her lap. "There's something I never told you," she admitted, staring at the ground.

He rested his head on her shoulder. "What is it?" he asked, squeezing her hand again.

She took a deep breath. "I have depression."

Philip sat silently for a second before wrapping his arms around her. "It's okay Theo," he soothed, rubbing her back.

Theodosia looked up, tears in her eyes. "Are you going to leave me?"

He stared into her eyes. "No. I swear I'll be around for you," he said sincerely.

A hopeful smile came to her face, and she pulled him in for a kiss, holding the sides of his face. Philip grinned and kissed her back.

Pulling away, Theo stood up, pulling him with her. "Let's go out and do something. We haven't gone around the neighborhood yet," she smiled, holding both of his hands.

"True. Why don't we go to the park?" He suggested.

Nodding, she excitedly went over to the coat rack by the door and picked up her cloak and Philip's jacket. She wrapped the cloak around her shoulders, and hands Philip his jacket.

Taking her hand, he let her lead him out of the apartment and down the stairs. Theodosia smiled, a genuine, cheerful smile. One that he hadn't seen since they first met.

Before he could pull her up, Theodosia stepped on the hem of her cloak, and she slipped backwards, her neck pulled back. She hit the stair landing hard, her head catching one of the stairs. 

The world began to spin, and slowly cut out.

"Theodosia!"

Happy New Year!! Sorry this was such a short chapter, I had a lot of trouble finding the motivation to write. Hopefully I'll be updating more frequently. So glad 2016 is over! Mostly because I got a 2017 Hamilton calendar and I can't wait to use it.

Here's to hoping 2017 doesn't suck!

Raise a glass,

< Jella >