Seven: Shreds

The icy wind froze Theo's cheeks and made her tears feel like daggers cutting into her skin. The snow clouded her eyes, and the ice coating the hard ground created cuts along her hands and tore her dress.

Finally escaping the dreaded cold, Theodosia hurriedly opened the front door to her home. Pushing past her concerned father wondering where she was, she hobbled up the stairs, silently crying as she went.

Slamming her door behind her, she collapsed on her bed, burying her face in the warm sheets. Tears flowed freely from her eyes, soaking the blankets.

There she lay, sobbing uncontrollably as the sun cast shadows into her room. Finally pulling herself away from the bed, Theodosia wiped tears away and stood silently, staring out the window. 

A gentle knocking broke the silence. "Theo? Are you okay?" Her father stood on the other side.

"I'm fine," she called out, trying to hide her sadness and anger.

Once her father had left the doorway, Theo went to her desk and delicately picked up a stack of letters that were all from Philip. Angry tears splattered the ink as she took them and ripped each one, watching the messy cursive being torn to shreds.

Theodosia ran over to the window, the tatters of letters in her hand. The snow slowly drifted through the sill, and she let the cold wind carry the pieces of parchment out of her hand and watched them disappear into the snowy cloud.

Sinking to her knees, Theodosia sat by the open window, shivering but unable to move. The sun slowly descended, and shadows stretched along the walls. She finally got the will to stand up, and stretched across her bed, her back facing the open window.

Philip, I hope you're happy.

I had more free time than anticipated, so I decided to update with a quick chapter. It's in the style of Burn, but with different circumstances. Don't forget to comment and vote!

Hope you enjoyed,

< Jella >