Ten: Flashback

A/N: This is going to be a kind of flashback to before Theodosia's mother died, and kind of shows what Theo was like when she was 7.

Theodosia sat glumly at her windowsill, tracing her finger around the frost covered pane. It was January in New York, and the snow had hit extra heavy that year. 

"Theo?" her mother opened the bedroom door, poking her head in.

Theodosia hopped down from the window seat and ran over to her mother, wrapping her arms around her legs.

"Daddy and I have to go to a meeting for his work," she explained, kneeling down beside Theo. "Since Marian can't stay with you, you're going to come with us, okay?" (Marian is their maid)

"Okay mama," Theodosia nodded, frowning.

"You're going to have a new friend to play with too! How does that sound?" her mother smiled, trying to make her happy.

"Okay mama," she sighed, laying down on her mother's lap.

"Honey what's wrong?" she asked, stroking Theo's forehead.

"I don't feel good," she said, tears welling up in her eyes. She began to cry when her head started to pound.

Her mother frowned, hating to see her daughter in pain. "It's okay, shh..." she tried to calm her down.

Theodosia cried out as the room began to spin. She squeezed her mother's hand as everything faded to black.

"Aaron!" she screamed, holding her daughter tight. "Theo, can you hear me? Theo?"

Burr ran into the room, his eyes falling on his wife cradling his daughter. He hurriedly kneeled down beside the two.

"What's wrong with Theodosia?" he asked, rubbing his wife's arm.

"She was crying because she felt sick, and she blacked out," she said shakily.

Burr sighed. "We have to leave soon. I- just take her to the mental hospital!"

The woman looked offended as she held her child close. "Aaron, we can't take her to the hospital!"

"It's just her mental illness acting up again. The only way we can fix this so she isn't like this when she's older is by taking her to the asylum," he stopped, realizing what he just said. 

Theo's mother began to cry. "Listen to yourself! Our seven year old daughter isn't insane! Aaron, work is changing you. You spend so much time fighting for others' rights that you forget to fight for your own," she sniffed, and picked up her daughter. Standing up, she went to the door.

"You need to start thinking about what's more important in life," she said coldly, and left the room with Theodosia in her arms.

It's 5:30 in the morning, and I can't sleep because IT'S CHRISTMASSS! Anyways, this chapter was really fun to write because I could work from scratch to create Theodosia Senior. 

Hope you have a good December and a Happy New Year!

< Jella >