Fights After Midnight [ G.L ]

Type: oneshot

Pairing: Greg Lestrade x Reader

Warnings: none

Your eyes slowly fluttered open, sleep blurring your vision. You looked over at the clock, making out digits 1:35AM. You rolled over only to find the other side of the bed empty, you frowned slightly.

You picked up your phone to find a text from Greg, dated two hours ago.

Working late be home soon ~ GL

You sighed, placing it back down on the table.

Once again another late night.

You curled up back under the covers, wishing sleep would wash over you once again, but it never did. After tossing and turning for what seemed like forever you slowly stood up, grabbing your blanket and wrapping it around yourself. You trudged out into the hallway, only to run into something solid.

A yelp escaped your lips, the collision startling you so much you stepped back, only to have your foot get caught in your blanket. You fell backward on to your butt, a deep chuckle filled the empty hallway as the light was flipped on. It burned your sleep sensitive eyes, you looked up to find Greg standing there. He slowly leaned down, extending his hand. "Are you alright?"

You stood up on your own, ignoring his hand. "Peachy."

His smile fell slightly, "What's wrong?"

"Oh nothing, what's tonight? Your fourth or fifth late night this week?" You asked, slipping past him and towards the kitchen.

"Y/n you know I can't help it." He shrugged off his suit jacket.

"You could of told me sooner, I didn't find out till eleven o clock at night." You opened the fridge.

He emerged from around the corner, "I'm sorry, my phone died and I had to steal a charger from Donovan."

"I see." Your eyes floated over the contents, wrinkling your nose. You had food, but nothing looked good. You finally settled on a bottle of whipped cream, holding your blanket tightly around yourself. "If you'll excuse me, I have things to do." You tilted your head back and sprayed the bottle into your mouth before turning away and marching off towards the hall.

You were stopped as you felt his fingers wrap around your wrist. "Y/N we need to talk about this. I can't stand having you mad at me."

"I'm not mad." You shrugged, pulling your wrist away. "Just disappointed."

"You sound like my mother."

"Goodnight Greg." You snapped, your tiredness finally catching up with you. You walked towards the bedroom only for Greg to slip in between you and your warm bed.

"I'm not letting you go until we work this out. I'm sorry." He looked down at you with big Brown eyes, irritation coursed through you and you threatingly waved your whip cream can "get out of my way."

"Not until you talk to me."

"Fine, I'm pissed that I'm clearly not important enough to have a little more notice. Or the fact that your always at work and never here with me!" You hissed, narrowing your eyes. "If I'm not worth your time then you can take what's yours and just leave." You gestured towards the door with your can.

"Fine I will."

Your eyes widened as you comprehended what you just said, "wait Greg I didn't me-"

You were cut off by two arms wrapping around your waist, lifting you into the air. Greg slung you over his shoulder and you whacked him in the back. "GREGORY LESTRADE WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!"

He walked out towards the door, "you told me to leave and take what's mine."

You rolled your eyes, unable to keep the smile that crept onto your lips. "Put me down!"

"Not until you say you love me and that you'll never leave me."

"You sound like a dog."

"I can stand here all day."

"Fine, I love you and I'll never leave you. Now put me down I'm not wearing pants."

Soon your feet were safely back on the ground, you crossed your arms and looked up at Greg who was grinning like an idiot.

"Happy?"

"Very much so."

You shook your head, a small smile forming.

"I'm sorry." He said softly, taking your hands in his.

"It's okay ya oaf, just give me more notice next time. Now c'mon, I'm tired." You tugged him towards the bedroom, sitting down your can of whip cream on the counter. You soon opened the door to your room, throwing yourself on the bed, letting the warm covers engulf you.

Greg changed before slipping in beside you, you curled up beside him. Closing your eyes, sleep soon slipping over you, but before it did you managed to feel Greg kiss the top of your head, pulling you in close.

Perhaps late nights weren't so bad after all.

A/n

ITS 2;07 AM AND I WROTE THIS IN TEN MINUTES

YAY

I CAN'T SLEEP

I've started a lot of your guy's requests just haven't finished them.

I'm attempting to update everyday

I wanted to say something important here but I don't remember what it was.

I just watched all 3 Santa clauses with Tim Allen and practically died from laughing at him

That's all for now folks

Love y'all

Bye bye for now

P.S. drayizzle this is for u boo