Christmas Magic [ JW ]

Type: Oneshot

Pairings: Johnlock, John Watson & Sister!Reader

Warnings: SO MUCH FLUFF I CAN'T

At first, Sherlock didn't know she existed.

He'd known about Harry and his whole situation with her, and that he had a brother of "untidy" habits, but he'd never deduced about her. It wasn't until about a week before Christmas he discovered that she existed.

Sherlock laid on the couch, his hands rested in his prayer position, his mind palace searching for the solution to what appeared to be an unsolvable case when the letter came.

John trudged in after what Sherlock deduced to be work, John carried a single sheet of paper in hand.

John's eyes flickered over it, it appeared as if he was frozen in time as the color slowly drained from his face. He remained motionless, rereading the text over and over. Sherlock raised an eyebrow, slowly sitting up. "What is it?"

"(Your Name)." Was all he uttered, before he slowly collapsed into his chair, burying his face in his hands. Sherlock stood, plucking the paper from his hands.

Addressed to Dr. John Hamish Watson

We regret to inform you that your sister (y/n) Watson has been reported missing in action. This is a tragic occurrence and we assure you was an honourable soldier-

Sherlock stopped reading, John burried his face in his hands.

"You have another sister?"

John nodded numbly, "we were deployed at the same time, I came home for my Damn leg."

Sherlock awkwardly placed a hand on his doctor's shoulder, his mind racing with possible solutions.

***

Christmas Eve in 221B was indeed festive, Mrs. Hudson had taken the liberty of knitting everyone matching sweaters. After some coaxing, even Sherlock was wearing one. Molly and Greg conversed in the kitchen, Mrs. Hudson was arranging cookies on a platter, and John was seated on the couch, staring off into the distance. Sherlock frowned, sitting beside him.

"I'm normally the non festive one."

John didn't answer.

Sherlock sighed. He'd been like this ever since the letter arrived, not speaking and it was driving the detective insane.

Mrs. Hudson walked over, placing a hand on John's shoulder. "Christmas is a magical time of year love, I'm sure everything will work out."

John gave her a half hearted smile, but it never reached his eyes.

Suddenly a knock at the door sounded, "that must be Mycroft." Mrs. Hudson beamed, hurrying towards the door. She opened it revealing the older Holmes brother, "John, I believe you have a visitor."

The doctor looked up as Mycroft stepped out of the way, revealing a certain (hair colored) soldier.

She was wearing one of Mrs. Hudson's sweaters, holding up her weight on crutches, her leg bandaged. "Us Watson's and our legs eh?" She mused and John practically flew off the couch, engulfing her in a hug, she smiled and hugged him back. Sherlock and Mycroft shared a look, a small smiling appearing on both of their faces.

"But- HOW...." John looked around and his gaze rested on the Holmes brothers. Sherlock shrugged.

"Must be Christmas magic."

A/N

I wrote this and it made me so happy because almost all the men in my family have served in the military.

I think I love John's character so much BC he was in the army and the fact that he was a doctor. My great grandmother was a nurse in WW2 and she met my great grandpa by fixing him up because he got shot in the leg

So if any of you have family overseas, this one shot is for you and thank whoever it is for me :)

Happy Holidays!

Love y'all

Bye bye for now

Song of the oneshot: White Christmas by Pan!c at the Disco