Home for the Holidays [ Part 1 ]

Type: oneshot

Pairing: Sherlock x Reader

Warnings: none

"Sherlock."

"No, absolutely not."

"but we were invited."

"and I live here."

"William Sherlock Scott Holmes."

"(your full name)."

"I swear to god if you don't get your bloody arse ready to leave this house in the next twenty minutes I will break every piece of lab equipment in this flat."

"You wouldn't."

"Look into my eyes and tell me that's not true."

Soon Sherlock was in your bedroom, changing for the occasion.

*** 

"We can still break away now, if we leave now we have approximately enough time to where no one notices we were here." Sherlock looked at you, pleading. 

You rolled your eyes, "We are going in. I get to finally meet your parents!" You beamed and Sherlock groaned.

 You approached the door, Sherlock grabbing your arm and pulling you back. You looked up at him and he began to blush furiously at the contact, instantly retracting his hand. "You don't understand, my parents aren't like me, they're -"

He never got to finish his thought as the door flew open and a small woman appeared. Her silver locks flying free from her bun, she had the same, captivating blue gaze as your lover. She reached up, grabbing Sherlock by the cheeks. "Oh Sherlock! It's been so long!" She pulled him into a hug and you fought back a laugh at the horrified expression on his face.

She then pulled away and smacked his chest, "You're late, did I not teach you the importance of being punctual?"

"You did Mother."

"When did you start calling me mother? " She turned to you, "He's always called me Mummy." 

You bit your lip, struggling to contain your laughter as Sherlock turned an even deeper shade of red. 

"You must be (y/n)!" She beamed, "I'm Violet! Nice to finally meet you." You extended your hand but she just pulled you into a hug. You awkwardly returned it before she pulled away, "Mycroft and Siger are waiting." She turned and disappeared inside, you looked at Sherlock. "Not. A. Word."

"Alright Mummy's boy." You smirked and walked inside, instantly met with the mouth-watering smell of something baking. You walked into the living room to find a large tree, every branch sagging with a type of decoration. A fire roared in the fireplace, White Christmas was playing on the telly. "Wow." You breathed, turning towards the kitchen where various trays of pastries littered the counters, where there wasn't food there was a cookbook propped open.

Sherlock awkwardly came up behind you, suddenly a loud "SHERLOCK!" was heard.

You turned to find an older man who you assumed to be Siger walking towards you, Mycroft in tow looking completely miserable.

He pulled Sherlock down into a hug before turning to you, "Well aren't you a beautiful thing, if I was Sherlock I'd be parading you around -"

"Siger!" Violet scolded, bustling around in the kitchen.

"Alright Alright." Siger rolled his eyes good naturally, He took your hand and pressed a kiss to it, earning a blush from you. "Nice to meet you ( y/n )."

"Likewise." You smiled.

"Come sit with us, Violet's finishing up the last of dinner."

"Oh, I can help." You offered, shrugging off your coat only for Siger to take it. "Allow me."

"I see Sherlock is  clearly nothing like his father." You looked over at your boyfriend, who glared at you. 

You walked towards the kitchen, but before you reached it a paticular table caught your eye. It had various pictures seated in frames, you smiled as you picked one up, finding the two Holmes brothers.

A small boy, clearly Sherlock due to the controllable curls laid in an older teenagers lap who you assumed to be Mycroft. A dog was curled at their feet, Sherlock laid his head on Mycroft's chest, a book which you recognized to be Treasure Island in hand. You smiled softly, another, taller frame sat with a series of pictures in it. You couldn't help but let out a small awww as you saw Violet and Siger posed with a small little one in their arms, Mycroft giving a toothy grin.

"Oh dear you've found the pictures."

You jumped slightly, turning to find Sherlock standing there. "Jesus you scared me." You looked back at the pictures, "they're adorable."

Sherlock gave a heavy sigh and you smiled, taking his hand in yours. "Is it so wrong I look at your baby pictures? It must of been nice living with you before you could talk."

Sherlock rolled his eyes, "honestly (your name) they're aren't that special I look like every small child-"

"Sherlock."

"No I'm not quite done, as I was saying childhood is-"

"Sherlock!"

"Please stop interrupting I-" he didn't get to finished as you pressed your lips to his, at first he seemed stunned but slowly melted into the kiss, snaking his arms around your waist.

The sound of an applause caused him to instantly pull away as Siger whistled from the couch, Sherlock looked at you and you shrugged, grinning like an idiot. You pointed up.

"Mistletoe."

A/N

Sorry it sucks