Gloomy Days [JM]

Type: Oneshot

Pairing: Jim Moriarty x Reader

Warnings: depressing, mentions of depression, WTF JIM MORIARTY HAS NO MIDDLE NAME AND ANDREW SCOTT'S WAS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND SO I MADE IT UP [ maybe he should steal one of Sherlock's ]

" Say my name, never leave your side, I will be your shadow in the night 

Love and fear cannot win the fight

Even with the an army behind your life

So don't walk away, I'll keep you safe, forget promises that we made

Say my name, never leave your side, I will be your shadow here tonight  "

- The King of Pain [ Black Veil Brides ]

So many little things in life go unnoticed.

While it's true that many of them are minor, simple things that don't really make themselves noticeable. They aren't lit with bright blinding lights screaming for attention, they remain the background. They remain quiet but never dull or boring, some constant and fabricate our world and we just don't notice.

 The intricate pattern of thin green lines woven into leaves, the way the tree branches sprawl out against a technicolor sky with sunlight filtering through. Even cracks in the concrete can be somewhat mesmerizing if you truly take the time to look.

You studied the sky, head resting a soft bed of grass that may or may not leave you sneezing soon but you couldn't bring yourself to care. Absentmindedly dragging your fingers through the green blades you basked in the thin rays of light that managed to shimmer through dark clouds that gathered overhead, the gloomy day more beautiful than one filled with an unbearable sun.

These things weren't always inanimate, you decided, they could very well be people.

Unlike the concrete relationships were very much alive and just like any living thing if it didn't receive the proper attention it eventually died and crumbled into nothing.

You, of course, had to learn this the hard way.

You closed your eyes, letting the thrum of the music streaming from your headphones wash over you, the lyrics perfectly articulating the aching in your chest in ways you never could.

All you wanted was an escape.

You wanted a way out of the world that your mind had begun to dull down to nothing but days of people and things passing you by in blurs of color, voices and sounds nothing but dull hums only to bring nights of pain that hurt so bad you couldn't do anything but curl into a ball on your bedroom floor. Sometimes tears came and sometimes they didn't, sometimes you just gave dry sobs as you wished for something to change.

You sit and watch people drop out of your life, merely passing through and perching before they flew away.

It seems like everyone came but no one stayed.

At least that's what you thought.

The music covered the sound of your gate opening and the scraping of shoes against the paved pathway. You opened your eyes to find a body lay beside you and at first you were unsure of it's idenity and you couldn't make yourself care. It could of very well been a murderer and you wouldn't of fought with the idea of death being a sweet release. 

The smell of nicotine and cologne hit you and you raised your hand to remove the earbud from your ear, muscles feeling heavier then led.

"Another one of those days?" His soothing voice poked through the dark cloud that seemed to permanently reside over your head.

You numbly nodded, too tired to bother with words. 

"C'mere." He murmured, opening his arms and you rolled into the embrace, resting your head on his chest. His heartbeat began to drive away the vile thoughts that had caught hold of your mind.

He pressed a kiss to your head, rubbing your back as you relished in his embrace, his touch warming your chilled skin.

"Thank you." You whispered softly.

"You don't have to thank me princess." he murmured, "Even on days like these you're still everything to me."

You snuggled closer to him, muscles you didn't even know were tense under his fingertips.

After a few moments he spoke again, lips brushing your ear. "Let's get you insixe, it's a miracle you aren't sneezing yet."

He pulled away and you instantly missed those fingers tracing invisible patterns along your back, he extended a calloused hand and you took it. He pulled you to your feet but your knees buckled, no doubt from sitting so long. The raven haired boy's arms were instantly around your waist, holding you up.

"Careful princess, wouldn't want you hurting yourself now would we?" Jim gave a soft smile and pecked your forehead.

"I know just how to cheer you up. " he said as he took your hand and led you inside. He gently pushed you down on the couch, crawling on top of you. Jim leaned in, his lips brushing yours and his hands traveled down your sides and-

He proceeded to dig his fingers into your side, tickling you and causing loud laughter to escape your lips. "JIM!"

He grinned and continued, making you squeal and roar with laughter. "JAMES ANDREW MORIARTY STOP IT!"

He did as you requested and you nearly tumbled off the couch but a strong arm caught you and brought you back onto the couch. 

"Hello." He smiled down at you.

"Hi." You pouted, "Can I get an actual kiss?"

"Hmm." Jim tilted his head as if he were thinking about it, "Well I suppose you could."

You grinned and leaned upward, warm lips colliding with yours. They tasted of faint nicotine and tea and home.

He slowly pulled away and smiled, "Is your day any better?"

You nodded, "Extremely." 

"Good." He smiled and went in for another kiss.

And later you would curl up under a blanket with him, head resting on his chest and his arm secured around your waist. Once your eyes finally shut and sleep took hold of you he would press his lips to the top of your head. "Sleep well princess. I'll be right here when you wake up."

a/n

heyo!

quick question, if i were to write another book where i rewrote my old [ and very cringey ] imagines and added more detail and made them longer would you read it?

lemme know

love y'all

bye bye for now