A Single Tear

His touch lingers on her skin.

His lips brushing hers left a feeling that would forever be etched into her being, his bright eyes a vivid memory.

He would of given her the stars, the sky and the earth.

He would of given her everything.

And she walked away.

His arm around her, his breath on her neck. It was all too perfect, too beautiful. The most wondrous pieces of art were the most fragile, the fear of her sending it crashing down was suffocating.

She fled from her emotions and desires, fearing for her already shattered heart that was held together with nothing but peeling tape.

He was imperfect perfection, he caused her heart to swell with joy.

She was afraid of being left, of being broken.

So she left him, the guilt forever clenching her heart.

Now she picks up her phone, her heart is racing and her breath is quickening.

She needs his touch, she needs his encouraging words.

Now that everyone else is gone, she realizes that he was the light to her darkness, he fought off the lonely dark nights.

She writes an apology, one filled with her heart ache and how much she missed him and the guilt that brought her to her knees.

He replies saying that it's fine.

She attempts to reconnect in a simple friendship.

But he doesn't want her like she needs him.

He doesn't crave her lips, he doesn't need her to help hold himself together.

He doesn't see her beauty the way he sees his.

She let him slip through her fingertips, with tears in her eyes she turns off her phone and tosses it aside and let herself fall back into the soft covers of her bed.

Drowning in pools of sorrow, she lets a single slip free.

A single tear for a million heartaches.

A single tear for the touch she'll never feel again.

A single tear for the words she'll never hear.

A single tear for the boy who held her heart and didn't want it anymore.

So these are the kinds of things I write in my book called "depressed writings." At first I was ashamed of it but people are saying that it helps them so idk, if y'all wanna read more of things like this check it out. I write what I'm feeling in the moment