I Don't Think That Was Cupid.... [J.M.]

Type: Oneshot: Tumblr Prompt aka NOT MINE idk who posted it though

Pairing: Jim Moriarty 

Warnings: Anyone who knows the prompt and spoils it... well

 well

20 Years Ago

The clink of glasses filled the air as you stretched out along your best friend Molly's couch, the two of you exhausted as you looked around the flat, bottles and various other trash littering the floor that once was filled with dozens of teenagers and young adults.

"Look who's finally eighteen," Molly remarked, leaning back against the arm of the couch and taking a sip of her glass. "You're finally one of us."

You poured more liquor into yours, something you totally bought legally and took a sip of your own. The party had been one of the best you'd been to, thrown by your friend to celebrate your coming of age, once the clock had struck 3 am the crowd slowly thinned until there was no one but you and Molly. 

"speaking of everyone else, I should probably be heading home." You took a long swig of your glass, finishing it off as your throat burned. You stood, alcohol fresh in your veins as you stumbled to pick up your heels.

"Are you should go out like that?" Molly remarked as you pushed the strap of your dress over your shoulder again, you nodded and grabbed your purse. "I can walk, my flat's less than a block away."

"Are you sure you don't want to stay here?" Molly asked, her intoxicated state clearly preventing her from being the smart friend she normally was as she let you walk out the door. "No, me and Richard are going out tomorrow morning."

Molly gave you a devilish grin, "I'm going to have to meet this Richard one day, it sucks he couldn't have been here til tomorrow."

"Yeah." you nodded from the door frame, "But his plane lands tomorrow, see ya Molls! Thanks for a great night." 

You pulled the door shut behind you, the nighttime breeze kissing your bare shoulder causing goosebumps to form. Your heels clicked against the pavement, the street lit by the moonlight.

" Y/N "

It sounded like a faint whisper, you looked around for a moment before shrugging it off and setting on your way again.

" Y/N "

It sounded again, a bit louder this time. You looked around to find the streets oddly empty.