Bonfire [ Part 2]

Type: Oneshot

Pairing: johnlock & daughter!reader

Warnings: none ( at least I don't think so ), these past two oneshots have been so shitty I'm so sorry

The smoke filled the small cavity in the pile, the roar of flames apparent as they danced along your skin. Your hands attempted to fly to your throat, the smoke quickly filled your lungs as the air was slowly sucked away from you. Branches grew from the pile and wrapped themselves around your wrists and ankles, pricking exposed skin. The roar grew louder, preventing your cries from being heard. The wood rustled as a large group of branches and sparks fell from above and -

You shot up straight in bed, sweat glistened on your forehead, tears rolled down your cheeks. You looked around rapidly, finding yourself safely tucked away in your bed at 221b. You took a deep breath, you had been having this same nightmare for the past three nights. You bit your lip before untangling the sheets from your legs, sliding yourself off the bed. The hardwood floor was cold underneath your feet as you tiptoed down the hall, reaching the door at the end. You quietly opened it, a bit of moonlight filtered in through the window and shined down on the couple currently nestled under the covers. You twirled a lock of hair on your finger, you were a teenager - you were too old to be asking to sleep in your parents' bed.

You sighed softly, turning around ready to leave when you heard a rustle.

"(Your Name)?" You heard John's raspy voice call out. You slowly turned towards him, "Yeah?"

"Do you need something darling?" He slowly sat up, removing Sherlock's arm from around him which earned an almost growl from the detective who rolled over, still remaining asleep. 

"It's nothing, I just...." You trailed off mid-sentence, looking down at the floor. 

"Nightmare?" John questioned and you gave a small nod. John's gaze softened and he elbowed Sherlock in the side who shot up, startled and managing to roll off the bed. You couldn't help but chuckle that escaped your lips, a variety of colorful words erupted from Sherlock as he pushed himself to his feet. His eyes fell on you, your cheeks still wet. "What's wrong?! Who did this?! My Harpoon is just in the other roo-" 

"Sherlock!" John cut him off, rolling his eyes. "She had a nightmare."

a soft "oh" came from Sherlock and you chewed your lip. You knew neither of your fathers' were strangers to the terrors brought by sleep, John patted the spot next to him and you walked over, Sherlock scooped you up into his arms and placed you beside John before climbing in beside you.

You curled into John's side, "I'm sorry." You whispered softly.

"it's not your fault." Sherlock murmured, John wrapped his arm around you. You felt the fear slowly slip away as Sherlock buried his face in your hair. 

"don't be scared, we won't let anything hurt you, not again."

A sense of security set over you as sleep washed over you, any trace of terrors had faded.

a/n 

ANOTHER UPDATE TADA

ME AND @DRAYIZZLE HAVE ALREADY STARTED WRITING A SUPRISE

my phones broken rn so i can't do the lockscreen reveal but here's my computer wallpaper

that's all i got for today

love y'all

bye bye for now