Hit Me Like A Man [ J.W.]

Type: Oneshot

Pairing: John Watson x Reader

Warnings: i mean minor drinking and john drops the f bomb but u don't really care bout that do u

Post S4 Minor hint at a certain character's fate

"So hit me like a man, and love me like a woman

One will give you hell, one will give you heaven."

-    Hit Me Like a Man by The Pretty Reckless

"Sherlock I'm still not sure why we're here." John shoved his hands in his pockets. He looked up at the small building, raising an eyebrow. The paint was chipped and faded, a cracked window over the doors.

"Because we'll find answers about our culprit here." The taller man stated, walking towards the doors and opening them revealing a small reception area. A long desk sat not far from the doorway, an older woman sat behind it typing away on a computer. "Oh Sherlock!" She beamed, standing and walking towards them. She immediately reached for his cheeks and began pinching them, "It's been so long!"

"Yes a week does seem like eternity Mrs. C ." Sherlock's cheeks became tinted red as he awkwardly avoided John's gaze. John chuckled, "You're here to see her aren't you?"

"I am, she may have the answer to a case we're on."

"I don't know how open she'll be, she's had quite the temper since she heard the news." The woman sighed.

"She may have the answers we need."

"She's in no emotional state to be questioned."

"I know, that's why I brought him." Sherlock nodded to John before turning towards a set of doors, "I don't understand how you expect us to find answers about Mycroft's murdered agent and the agent who committed the murder in a run-down gym." John murmured as the doors were opened. A small smirk tugged at Sherlock's lips, "You'll see."

The pair walked into the gym, two boxing rings were set up, surrounded by punching bags and various other pieces of equipment. John's eyes widened as he laid eyes on a woman leaning against the net, she held a beer bottle in her hand, eyes fixed on a random point in the distance. Her (hair color) locks were tied back, dressed in nothing but leggings and a sports bra. "Go away Sherlock." The woman never looked over, her only movement was to raise the beer bottle to her lips.

"I need to ask you about James." Sherlock stepped towards the ring, her gaze shifted over to him. "Why is my husband's death any concern to you." She hissed.

Sherlock stepped over the ring, his long legs aiding him in the process as he walked over to her. "Mycroft has me on the case, he wanted to keep it from reaching the media." He looked down at her, his eyes softened. "Let me help."

She sighed, standing up straight. "I'll let you have a go in the ring with my friend John." He gave a sly grin and she gave a small smirk, both turned and looked at John. "Wait.. what?!" He felt the color drain from his face. "Sherlock's told me all about you, C'mon soldier boy." She through the beer bottle outside the ring , he flinched as it shattered on impact with the ground. "I don't even know who you are!"

"John, meet (y/n)..." He looked at her and she sighed. "Barnes, but my maiden name is (l/n)."

"And....?" John didn't move. "I'm not fighting her."