Moonlight Lovers (Pt 2)

Yes, I know the last update said Emily was gone but I have her permission to post this. This is the second part to our collab. 

(This is @jackskellingtonrulz5 btw)

A week after your run-in with John in the forest, you and Sherlock had tried to be more careful lest someone less "understanding" found you two. Tonight, the meeting was no different. You and Sherlock stood under a tree with your foreheads pressed together, conversing quietly.

"I know thou do not like it when I speak about such things, but I would like to be married soon," you suddenly said. Sherlock's eyes flew open in shock and he pulled his head away from yours.

"Married?" he repeated quietly.

"Yes, married," You nodded, confirming that he had heard you right.

Sherlock looked down at the ground. "Can we converse about this matter later?"

You sighed. Whenever you brought up the subject of marriage, he shut you down. "Sherlock, we need to take this seriously. I only have a small amount of time left before the planning for my wedding to Moriarty starts."

"Thou knows that I do not concern myself with marriage, Y/N," Sherlock murmured.

"If thou wants us to stay together, then thou must start concerning thyself with marriage," You said, using the commanding voice you had gotten from giving orders to the servants over the years.

"I do not see why we have to get married," Sherlock said, pulling away from you.

"Because I am to be married to Moriarty!" Your mouth hung open in shock at your beau's stupidity.

"I can just sneak back to my old kingdom to see you," Sherlock shrugged.

"Sherlock, 'tis not that easy," You said. "Moriarty hates you, my father does not. If you tried to see me once after I was married to him, you surely would not see the light of day."

"Y/N, my darling, we can converse about this later. For now..." Sherlock tried to kiss you, but you pulled away.

"No," You held up your hand, "I want to converse about it now."

"What is there to converse about?" Sherlock asked. "We cannot be married. Thou art betrothed to Moriarty."

"I am certain that I could persuade my father somehow," You said. "I know he will not approve, but if you tell him the things you told me about Moriarty, maybe he will believe you and break the deal."

"The king will not break the pact," Sherlock shook his head. "That would almost certainly mean a war with Moriarty."

"Sherlock, why must you be so stubborn about this?" You asked. "I love you, and I want to marry you. Is that such a crime?"

"I do not concern myself with marriage, Y/N," Sherlock rolled his eyes.

You raised your eyebrows and crossed your arms. "Really? Even when the marriage would be with the woman you love?"

"Love is a dangerous disadvantage, my dear," Sherlock snapped.

You felt as if Sherlock had just slapped you. Him not wanting to marry you was terrible enough, but hearing that he thought your love was a disadvantage? It hurt terribly. You stormed up to him and slapped him across the face.

"Fine," You said, your voice tight. "If thou comes near this castle again, thou shalt be arrested. Get out of my sight."

Sherlock blinked, gently holding up his hand to where you had slapped him. He did love you. It frightened him how much he loved you. That was why he didn't wish to be married. He didn't like not having control over his feelings, and he was definitely losing control right now.