Dear Daughter [ Parentlock ]

type: Fatherly Love continuation, mother's day special, songfic [ Dear Daughter by Halestorm ]

pairings: Johnlock , Mrs. Hudson & Reader

Warnings: suicidal intentions, mentions of Sherlock's suicide, if you haven't read my other imagines you're going to be hella confused

Dear Daughter

Don't worry about those stupid girls

If they try to bring you down

It's cause they're scared and insecure

You looked in the mirror, placing two hands on your stomach. Maybe you had gained a couple pounds, your ran your fingers along long white thin lines. You wrinkled your nose at the reflection that stared back at you, a girl with black painted around her eyes and lipstick a shade too dark. The girl who owned too many band shirts and whose body didn't curve just right, you wrapped your arms around yourself. Here you stood on display in your bra and underwear, no one's eyes on you but your own and you had never felt so exposed. A soft knock came from the door, "Go away." You continued to stare. Jenna and Rachel had been taken into custody but you still felt so exposed.

"Sorry Dear, but Sherlock was beginning to become concerned and wanted me to check on you." Mrs. Hudson twisted the handle, "You've been in there a while, everything alright?"

"Everything's fine." The lie was so pitiful as it ripped from your raw throat, you heard the doorknob move again and groaned as you realized she'd found the key on the doorframe. You scrambled to gather your clothes, holding your top against your chest as the door opened. "Jesus can't a girl get some privacy?!" You hissed, your arm wrapping around your bare midriff. "Sherlock says you've been in here over an hour and when I called you sounded as if something was wrong." Mrs. Hudson's gaze softened, "I heard about what happened today, do you want to talk about it?"

"It doesn't work." You sighed, staring back at the mirror. "What doesn't?" The older woman questioned, stepping towards you. "Dieting, not eating, nothings working. I try and I try but I never look right." You threw the Panic at the Disco shirt across the bathroom. "Nothing about me is right."

"Oh dear." She placed her hands on your shoulders and turned you towards the mirror. "You want to know what I see?"

You sniffled slightly, "What?"

"A strong, beautiful, confident young woman who could take on the world." She gave your shoulders a squeeze and you gave a small smile. "How about we have some tea and watch the telly? You've got me hooked over on this Steve Rogers character." She winked and you chuckled as she exited the bathroom, closing the door and you picked up your shirt. You held it against yourself and looked back into the glass, maybe you didn't look so bad after all.

Dear Daughter, Don't change for any man

Even if he promises the stars and takes you by the hand

You threw yourself on the bed, turning up the music blasting through your headphones as loud as it could possibly go as tears slipped down your cheeks. How could you have been so stupid? Jacob couldn't of possibly cared for you. He was seeing another girl because you weren't good enough, every relationship ended this way. A boy chasing after something better and leaving you in the dust, wondering what you could of possibly done to him. You liked to believe you were strong and confident for that was the picture you painted for everyone else, the people who liked your works online, the people at school when in reality you were nothing but a weak little girl whose heart was permeable to the best of charmers. You curled up, bringing your knees up to your chest as you stared ahead. You were the complete opposites of those things and this particular moment is when you proved it. The door creaked open, revealing Mrs. Hudson with a bowl and a cup of tea, she walked in, sitting beside you and placing the bowl in front of you. You slowly sat up to find it full of (favorite flavor) ice cream, you looked back at her and she gave you a smile.