·24· Wroetostar - Christmas Special 4

A little twist of the prompt above.

---

Vik was almost too late home to hear it. He had been out all day buying various Christmas items that included wrapping paper, presents and of course the Christmas turkey. Gently but quickly, he rushed into his house that he shared with his husband and his 3 year old daughter. After putting down the shopping and taking off his outdoor clothing, Vik rushed up the stairs with silent feet just in time to hear the chorus of 'Silent Night' being sang.

Every Christmas Eve, when putting their adopted daughter to sleep, Harry would sing 'Silent Night' very softly but beautifully. Vik had known since the first year Harry had started it. It was like Vik's own holiday, to listen to his husband singing this Christmas song every year.

Slowly, Vik fell into a slumber outside the door with a smile on his face.

-

"We meet here today to honour and pay tribute to the life of Harry Lewis, and to express our love and admiration for him." The priest began, though Vik knew he didn't mean those words. He didn't want Harry to have a public funeral, but his parents had insisted on the service. At this moment, only hatred filled his heart for anyone, except Harry and their baby girl. She had only just turned 6 recently.

"Also to try to bring some comfort to those of his family and friends, who are here and have been deeply hurt by his sudden death."

The words flew in one side of Vik's brain and out the other. He clutched the child closer to his chest, more tears threatening to fall.

"Harry Lewis wasn't a particularly religious person, so it's befitting that his funeral ceremony should reflect what he was, funny, gentle, kind and a loving person; devoted to his family."

Vik knew these very words were repeated at every funeral. Harry wasn't significant. Harry wasn't going to matter to anyone in a year's time. Harry wasn't going to try and cheer Vik up. Harry wasn't alive. Harry wasn't here.

With a loud sob, Vik ran from the church, the last piece of his Harry clutched in his arms.

-

It was Christmas Eve, Maisie was snuggling deep into her pink and purple bed covers. She giggled as Vik entered and attempted to hide herself under her covers. This caused a rare but big smile to land on Vik's lips.

"I wonder where Maisie went?" Vik pretended, sneaking closer to the lump on the bed. Maisie giggled again. Vik jumped on the lump and began to tickle mercilessly. Maisie burst out in screeches of laughter.

Vik stopped, his grin fading to a content smile. "Come on, sleep time, Santa doesn't want to catch you awake!"

Maisie's eyes widened and she instantly flopped onto her bed and squeezed her eyes closed.

Vik went to exit the room, when Maisie's body shot up into an upright position.

"Daddy? Aren't you forgetting the Christmas lullaby." She asked innocently as Vik's eyes widened in shock.

With a fast paced heart, Vik forced himself to sit on the edge of Maisie's bed. He looked at his little girl, her eyes were wide and hopeful and smiling.

He took a deep breath to calm himself; 'It's just a song.'

"Silent Night, holy Night,
All is calm, all is bright."

Vik felt desperate tears fill his eyes as the memories of Harry came to mind.

"Round yon virgin, mother and child.
Holy infant so tender and mild."

He noticed the confused look on Maisie's face as he choked up the words. Tears cascaded down his face like waterfalls.

"Sleep in heavenly peace, sleep in heavenly peace..."

.

"Hey Vikky, why you sleeping on the floor." Harry chuckled, waking up Vik with a kiss to the head.

Vik rubbed his eyes as Harry proceeded to pick him up and walk them to their bedroom.

"You have a beautiful voice Haz." Vik mumbled, not seeing as Harry blushed at the compliment. He slowly started to fall back to sleep in Harry's strong arms.

Harry smiled, "Not as beautiful as you love."

.

Vik burst into tears, unable to contain them as more memories invaded his fragile mind. He buried his face in his hands and cried harder, forgetting about his very confused 6 year old. Eventually, he felt small hands grasp his wet ones and pull them away from his face. He was met with the confused but also concerned face of Maisie.

"Don't cry. It'll be okay later." Maisie spoke sweetly, so much that Vik chuckled and brought her close.

"I know it will be baby girl." Vik whispered into her hair. He could almost feel Harry's arms wrapping around them both.

---

Aww, there had to be a sad one though.

Also the words in the dots is a flashback.

I hope you enjoyed! :D

Edited