Her Return.

Song is 'Home' by Daughter

~Six Months Later~

The moon hid behind dark clouds in the night sky, the air cold and nippy as a light fog settled upon the streets.
Her heels clicked against the debris that was scattered amongst the floor, dust blowing into the air around her as she ventured further into the site of what remained of her Agency.

It had made her who she was, taking her in at a young age and building up her skills until she was ready to go out onto the field. It was her home when she was turned away, and it was her reminder of reality when everything else seemed too dark. She thought she would always be able to return.

The wind blew past her frame, blowing her hair and dress as well as her dark scar that was loosely wrapped around her neck.  She took a seat upon a late pile of Debris, tears slipping down her face as her only friend was the wind and the moon. She was alone.
She began to fill the silence, singing a melodic song to the wind as memoirist from a past mission sprung to mind.

I was drunk again, causing accidents.
Oh, you're not a friend,
No, you're nothing.
I think I should be a little more confident.
In myself,
In my skin.

"You are truly beautiful, you just need to see what I see"

Take me, take me, home, home.

"I look in the mirror everyday, nothing changes, in fact when it does, my reflection gets worse"

'Cause I don't stand a chance in these four walls.
And he don't recognize me anymore.
Burned out flames should never re-ignite.
But I thought you might...

"You're safe here, with me"

Take me, take me, home, home.

Without her knowing, a figure dressed in dark slowly advanced towards the debris filled site, standing and listening to her sing silently.

"They won't get to you, I won't let them. I'll protect you"

Now he's moving close,
My heart in my throat.
I won't say a word,
But I think he knows...
That I've hardly slept,
Since the night he left.
His body always kept,
Mine inside of it.
Keep the nightmares out,
Give me mouth to mouth.
I can't live without ya,
Take me to your house.

"You can't do this, they are all I have. You can't leave me to live on being the only one who knew what truly happened on that mission"

Take me, take me, home, home.
Take me, take me, home. (Take, take, take, take...)
Take me, take me, home. (Me, me, me, me...)
Take me, take me, home. (Home, home, home...)

"I'm sorry Agent, it's what's best"

But I thought you might...

"-int?! Do you remember me?"

"Sorry...who are you?"

Take me, take me, home, home.
Home.

As she finished her song, he finally decided to make himself known.

"Hayley Rose?"

She whipped her head round, face full of shock as she saw who stood not even 10 feet away from her.

"Clint?" She breathed.

"You know me?" He suddenly turned skeptical and all hope she had drained away.

"No, sorry...um, what is it you want?" She questioned, covering her mistake with an authoritative tone as she descended from the piles of rubble and moved towards the blonde.

"Steve sent me, told me to look for the girl with stunning Amber, broken eyes"

"He got that right" she breathed, heels clicking against the path as she went.
"What does he want?"

"He thought it was time you cashed in that place" he shrugged as she came to a stop just in front of him.

Her amber eyes stared into his blue ones, the night wind ruffling at her loose clothing and her hair as everything went silent around them. Sadness coiled inside her at knowing he didn't recognise her or remember but she knew that the chance of that happening was far fetched. Tasha didn't remember, so why would he?

"Well, we best be going then" she nodded.

"I have a jet parked not that far out which we can take"

"That won't be necessary" she chuckled. Gripping his hand, she closed her eyes as her star filled mist covered them both and they transported to New York.

More importantly, The Tower.