Closure.

Hayley transported straight to the tower once being told her presence wouldn't be necessary with the retrieval of the cradle

Hayley transported straight to the tower once being told her presence wouldn't be necessary with the retrieval of the cradle. So she thanked Laura and took her leave, arriving at the empty tower and heading to her bedroom to take another shower in which she had time to think and relax.

15 minutes later she's out and dressed in another fight suit. Lacing up her boots, she found her katana sword and seated herself on the couches in the common room, wordlessly sharpening the blade.

The Team arrived back at the tower with the cradle quicker than expected but she didn't go down to meet them. Instead, she slung her sheared showed over her back and transported to a familiar place.

London, England.
Her boots thudded softly against a patch of grass and the sudden chirping of birds filled her ears as she ventured further in the cemetery. Her eyes scanned over the marble grave stones before stopping at a certain one that rested under a willow tree. She softly edged closer, reading the golden lettered words that was engraved into the head stone.

'Here lies Ryan Tristan Rose
A beloved Son and Brother and Loyal Soldier to his Country.
1984-2016
May his soul rest in peace'

She took a seat on the grass with her back leaning against the side of the stone. The Willow tree waved softly on the wind and she rested her head back on the stone to look up at the greenery of the massive tree.

"Look where we are now Ry. Who thought that we would both be working to save the world. God, Mum and Dad were wrong to doubt us."

She sucked in a heavy breath, letting the cool wind kiss her face.

"I always thought it would be me who went before you. Guess I was wrong. I'm on a team now Ry, I have friends, well, their more like family. I love them all so much...then there's Clint. You remember him don't you? You met him once during that mission in Budapest, we had to lay low and you wouldn't allow us to go anywhere else besides your apartment. He forgot all about it though, Natasha forgot as well."

She wiped a rogue tear that had fallen, taking in deep breaths to settle her thumping heart.

"I still love him" she chuckled breathlessly. "Laura said he's remembering, they both are. I just fear the day they look at me and suddenly everything clicks in their heads. The others on the team are amazing. Tony can be a dick sometimes but he means well, he's the child of the group along side Clint, but he knows when the time is needed to get serious. Then there's Bruce, he'd a sweet, caring man who broke Harlem once because he got to angry. Yep, he turns into this green best when angry known as the Hulk. Then there's Thor, the pastry obsessing Demi-God who has a scientist girlfriend. He is...getting accustomed with our tradition and technology. Then there's Steve. I think you would have connected with him most. He was a soldier like you, he went under in the ice drying the Second World War. He was actually the first of the team I befriended after I went back into the shadows. They have their flaws, their rowdy, their loud and their childish, but their family. Their home"

She snapped her head to the side when she heard a soft rustle, her brows furrowing in confusion at what was slowly advancing towards her. A raccoon. It's wide black eyes were trained on her as it moved towards her on all fours.  She kept her gaze on the wild creature as it crept over. Standing on its hind legs, it placed on hand on her lap almost in comforting way and as she moved her arms of her lap, it clambered on and nestled into her.

"Don't worry Ry, I will be just fine" Hayley breathed, scratching the top of the raccoons head and smiling as she heard it squeak in contentment.
"Yeah, just fine"

She finally stood from the grave stone, holding the sleeping critter to her chest with her arms wrapped around its waist as it's head dropped against her chest. She let out a little chuckle before transporting herself and the wild critter back to the tower in her room.

She placed him atop of her bed and quickly thought in her feet.
'Raccoons literally will eat junk food, right?'

She just shrugged before rooting through one of her drawers and plucked out a bag of crisp that would satisfy his needs until he returned.
She took one last look at him before readjusting the sword on her back with a sigh.

"Tony's gonna kill me" she sighed.

And she was gone.