Sparring with the Archer.

Thud thud thud

Thud thud thud

The repetitive sound bounced of the walls of the gym, low grunts being heard of the top as Hayley threw her all at the Boxing bag. She was in her own little world until the slight padding of a single pair of footsteps reached her ears.

She whipped her head round in an instant, launching a dagger that she picked from a table beside her without putting much thought into it about who it was. Clint. He casually titled his head to the side, the dagger flying past him and embedding into the wall as she carried on her assault in the boxing bag.

"Your forms a bit lazy" Barton noticed.

"Been awhile since I've had to do something like this, back when SHIELD was up I was constantly on missions so I didn't have time to perfect my stances and moves. I'm a little rusty" she explained with a shrug.

"I can help you if you like?" He offered and she bit her lip in contemplation before nodding.

He moved over to her form, standing behind her and raising hers arms up with his hands touching her elbows.

"Your arms should always be tense, your hits won't be as strong otherwise. Keep them guarding your mid section at all time, you want to protect as much as possible" he advised, Hayley nodding wordlessly as he helped and demonstrated.

She couldn't produce proper words throughout his help session but by the end of it, he had convinced her to have a sparring session with her.

"You sure?" Hayley questioned, padding onto the blue mats that they used for sparring sessions.

"Yeah, what could go wrong?" He grinned and she complied with his request.

They weren't alone though. Natasha and Steve came walking into the Gum as well, planning to train but when seeing that Clint and Hayley were just about to have a match, they decided to watch.

The two stood in mirroring stances, Hayley using what Barton had taught her to her advantage. Adrenaline and excitement pumped through her veins as the sound of her breathing reached her ears, she could feel her heart beating in her chest and when Cap counted them in, she wasted no time in landing the first hit.

She threw her fist out, hoping to catch the blonde out at such a straight forward attack but he was sharper than that. He casually caught her fist, a smirk on his face as he twisted her arm slightly. Then again, she was she.
She jerked her arm in his and just was he was about to strengthen his grip, she threw her leg into his stomach and sent him skidding back.

Barton composed himself quickly, a smirk on his face when he knew he could properly let loose. He lunged for her, swiping her legs out from under her but she dodged backwards and instead jumped up. Latching her grasp onto a pipe on the ceiling, she swung herself up. Hayley was at an advantage.
Just as Clint was about to snap his gaze around to her, she jumped down.

Legs wrapped around his neck, she tensed and twisted her body. Shifting the weight and making the archer drop to the floor with her atop of him and pinning his wrists down.

"You can do what Natasha does" he breathed.

"Who do you think invented the move?" She inquired. Barton looked to the red head in shock who nodded. "If I do say so myself Mr Barton, it seems to me that I have won"

She was mistaken. He raised his brows in challenge before thrusting his hips up and knocking her balance. Giving another forceful push up, she stumbled off him and so he exchanged the places.
However, just before he could get a proper grip on her, she escaped. Trapping his head in between her legs, she rolled her hips and flung him to the side of the room. He was at her quicker than expected.

Gripping her arm, he flipped her onto her back where she hit the solid ground, heaving for air after being winded. He leered over her to see if she was okay, not expecting her her leg to wrap around his ankle and pull, resulting in his face planting the floor and busting his nose.

"You give?" She breathed.

"Yeah, I give" he mumbled.