Chapter 26

"Please I can't go home right now and I just need something to eat please." I begged "No go home!" She snapped. I gave a dog whimpher looking up giving puppy eyes. I saw by her face knowing it worked.She looked back then pulled car keys from her pant's pocket. "Go in the blue saturn near the back and stay in the back I will be there shorty." She said. I smiled and took them then ran in search of her car.

I stayed in the shadows looking for it then heard a car pull up in the parking lot. It was my Foster parents' car. I knew they were here to try to get me back but I couldnt rist it with that hunter around. I watch them go inside then saw Miss P's car. I ran up fast and unlocked the door climbing in the back then shut the door.

I layed in the back waiting. After 30 minutes I heard her knock on the window wanting me to unlock her door. I unlocked it then she came in. She held a hand out and I gave her the keys."Thank you" I whisphered smiling. I heard her moan then started her car.

We got to some apartments and she gave me a hoodie from the trunk to hide my ripped shirt. We hurried inside and got in her apartment. It was filled with boxes most not unpacked."Sorry for the mess I wasnt expecting company" she said plainly as if a robot then walked to the bedroom. I sat on the couch taking off the jacket."Thanks again I had no one else to turn to."I said.

She stayed quiet in her room."If your mad I get it I shouldnt have bothered you especially on a school day but-" "Just get anything out of the fridge." She interupted then peeked her head out on her cell phone. I then realized she was just on the phone. I nodded then went to the fridge. Her fridge was filled with different foods making me smile.
I got out a container of hamburgers and put it in the microwave. I watch it heat up making me smile big. I heard Miss Peach talking to the school saying she be late. I felt bad doing this to her,The burger was done and I took it out and ate it all fast. I licked my lips,I ate the three burgers she had in her container then felt full. I saw she was still in her room so I sat on the couch. I slowly yawned and layed on the couch. I slowly closed my eyes then fell asleep.

I felt my insticts wanting me to wake up keep my guard up but I was was too tired.I slept peacefully feeling safe but something inside told me I was in great danger.