Prologue

The war was over. Draco never expected it to end it like this. Maybe that's because he didn't want it to end like this. Picking a side that had an easy win seem to be backfiring on him. While every other death eater was celebrating by causing more havoc on the castle, Draco was looking down at the dead bodies that laid all over the battlefield. So many lives were lost to this.

He walked through the great hall and couldn't help but frown as he passed all the familiar lifeless bodies. Tonks, Lupin and Lavender, all of them were killed by the same person, Bellatrix Lestrange. He stopped to look down at one body that made his stomach churn, Harry Potter.

He had hoped Harry would have been the one to end this war, but he didn't mean this way.

A loud noise came from the front of the great hall. Bellatrix had raised her wand to the sky ceiling charm, and suddenly the dark mark appeared, but Draco couldn't stand to look at another dark mark without feeling the urge to vomit.

He was heading out of the great hall when he spotted more familiar faces lying on the ground. Neville, Crabbe, Ron. He wasn't sure if any of his schoolmates had survived, other than Blaise and Theo. Pansy was nowhere to be seen, and neither was Hermione.

As he looked up from the ground, he saw that Hogwarts was filled with the Slytherin symbol. This wasn't even Hogwarts anymore. It was a nightmare that he couldn't wake up from.