Chapter 21 A Quidditch Mistake

Hermione glared at the broken object in front of her. Draco's broom. She spun her wand around in her hand and circled around the broom as it laid on her trunk. "Well, what am I going to do with you?" She was surrounded by books on Quidditch and broomsticks; trying to find a spell that would repair it for good, but like wands, some brooms were different from others.

  "Hermione!", she heard from the other side of the dormitory door. She gave Ginny the password to the common room. She didn't care what Draco thought of it. The broom was carefully yet quickly wrapped up and placed back into her special hiding place before she opened the door. "They're heading to Hogsmeade right now. Better hurry up before they leave without you."

                                         ***

  Hermione held the round object in her hand. "You actually brought this?", she asked Ginny. It was the same item that Ron gave to Harry back in third year. A Sneakoscope. She got it from Dervish and Banges, and made sure that it actually worked. It was a round ball with a small track that went around on the inside, and a small ball that spun on the track. If danger was around, the ball would spin at a fast speed.

  "Thought I would. To see if it actually works." Suddenly the ball in it began to spin as they walked into the Three Broomsticks. "Maybe it's just doing that since it's new. I highly doubt there's any danger here. Unless Madam Rosmerta is ready to kill the first person who insults her drinks." She placed the object back in her bag and hoped that it would stop. "Come on. I bet Harry and Ron are already enjoying butterbeers."

  She was indeed correct. Harry and Ron were enjoying their second butterbeers and playing wizard chess. One of Harry's pieces checked Ron's queen. "Well done, Harry. You finally beat him", Hermione said sitting down.

  "Took you seven years, but you beat him", Ginny added. Harry gave both girls an annoyed glare as he heard their statements.

  "Looks like you two have enjoyed a nice trip to Dervish and Banges, Honeydukes", he said as he saw the sugar quill in Hermione's mouth. Ginny, however, was enjoying a licorice wand.

  "What can I get you?", Madam Rosmerta said as she approached the table and looked at the two girls.

  "One butterbeer and one pumpkin juice." Hermione finished her sugar quill before Rosmerta came back with their drinks.

  "So, are you ready for the Quidditch match tomorrow?", Ginny asked the two Gryffindor boys. Quidditch match tomorrow? Hermione never heard that there was a match tomorrow.

  "Oh yeah, Slytherin won't know what hit them", Ron said with a smirk. Hermione's eyes widened as she spit out her drink. "Bloody...", said Ron in disgust. "What's gotten into you?"

  "Sorry, just thought I saw a dementor." All three of them quickly turned to face the window and saw people walking around calmly in the village. Guess I was just boggled." She quickly started to pack up her things as she ran out of the pub.

  "What was that all about?", Harry asked.

  "Is she going to run all the way back to the castle?", Ron said as she watched her from the window.

  "I know one thing", Ginny said taking another sip of her pumpkin juice. Both boys looked at her curiously and waited for her to explain. "I'm not paying for her drink."

   When Hermione was passing people in the village, she spotted someone walking around in a dark cloak with their hood up. She figured that it was probably Malfoy trying to hide his bandages. She pushed the thought aside and continued to head to the castle to hopefully fix Malfoy's broken broom in time for the match tomorrow.