Chapter 22 Fixing My Mistakes

"I can't believe you gave the broom back to him. Even after it was broken! I thought you, of all people, were aware of the dangers and risks of Quidditch, and that was an even bigger risk!", shouted Ginny as the two of them walked toward the hospital wing. As the two of them reached the door, Hermione froze.

  Hermione stared at him from the Gryffindor stands, and cringed at the sight. He hit the ground pretty hard, and she wouldn't be surprised if he had a broken rib, arm, or leg, and hopefully not neck. Her repair charm seemed to not have fixed the broom permanently. It laid about fifteen feet away from him in two pieces, and she had a very bad feeling that Draco will be very, very angry when he woke up.

  "I can't go in there. He's going to know that I'm the one who broke it. He's going to be so angry and I'll just add to the stress. There's something that I need to do anyway." Hermione turned around and started to head back to her dormitory, but Ginny simply continued on into the hospital wing to see one specific person.

"ZABINI!", she shouted as she stormed over to the injured Slytherin.

Draco tried his best to ignore the argument that was occurring on the other side of the room. It was quite difficult since there was nothing to distract him other than the pain in his arm. His right arm was currently in a sling, and he had a few cuts and scratches as well. "Will you two shut up!?", he shouted in frustration. He was very angry at the moment. The one time he was only seconds away from beating Potter in something and once again, he blew it.

His broom was wrapped up beside him. A giant split down the middle as it rested in two places. There was no way it was getting fixed this time. "Well, maybe if my arm wasn't broken, then I could hex her to be quiet!"

"Well, genius, if it hasn't come to your attention, your left arm happens to be broken. Just to let you know", she said with a smirk and her arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Oh", he said as he looked down at his cast. She rolled her eyes and started to leave the room.

The second Blaise heard the doors close, he decided to speak up. "How did it manage to snap like that? It just broke out of no where. Seems a bit strange, doesn't it?"

"I know exactly what happened to it. It's all Granger's fault."

                                   ***

She stared at the broom in front of her. She snuck out all the way to Hogsmeade and apparated all the way to Diagon Alley to get this specific item. The very heavy bag of galleons was held in her hand.

The Firebolt was the fastest broom in the world, however, it was also the most expensive one as well. She was originally saving up for a foe-glass, but fixing her mistake was more important. She placed the correct amount of galleons on the counter as the shop manager handed her the broom.

As she moved through the crowd of people in Diagon Alley, she made her way to an empty space between the buildings and apparated back to Hogsmeade. Flying the broom wasn't exactly the brightest idea and wasn't in her plans either, but she figured it was the fastest way to get to Hogwarts. Considering it could go up to 180 meant that she could probably be there in under a minute, and she wanted to get back to the castle before Draco got back to his dormitory. "Alright, now how do you work this thing?", she said to herself as she tried to get it to take off, and suddenly she flew through the air at 150 miles an hour.

Luckily, Madam Pomfrey decided to keep Draco overnight in the hospital wing so he wouldn't put any pressure on his arm. That was the information she heard from two ghost who floated down the corridor in a gossip discussion. She snuck back into the castle at eleven o'clock at night, and ran through the corridors as fast as she could until she spotted the red eyes. "Mrs. Norris", she stated to herself as she froze in her spot. Hermione suddenly wished she owned a invisibility cloak of her own. She quickly turned around and decided to take a different route to the Head's common room.