Chapter 29 Ten Points to Ravenclaw

Draco woke up with a huge headache the next morning. Instead of the Head Boy's dormitory, he found himself in one of the Slytherin ones. He wasn't exactly sure how he got there, and he was too tired to question it.

  The corridors were filled with Slytherin colors, and the serpent crest. Maybe some students put them there for today's Quidditch match, but as he passed one of the windows on the seventh floor, he had to do a double take to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him. The entire Quidditch field was burned to the ground, all the wooded towers were covered in ash, and the scoring rings laid blackened on the ground. Something strange was going on, and he needed to talk to someone who was great at figuring out things. "Granger."

  He ran through all the corridors and searched every classroom to find her, and he was very surprised to see her in Divination, which was the same class he had that morning. "Hermione, what's going on?", he asked, but she only gave him a disgusted glare.

  "Why are you talking to me?", she said rather quite harshly, and returned back to her Divination book.

  "...but you hate Divination, ever since third year. Did Potter convince you to take it again? Or the Weasel?"

  "Potter? Harry Potter? Unlikely since I've only had about one conversation with him. What are you playing at? What on earth could you possibly want?"

  "Look, I know we had a silly fight last night, but let's not let that effect anything...", he tried to get through to her, but it looked like she had no idea what he was talking about.

"Well, I did see that some strange guy would tell me some weird information, but I never thought it would be you. Now will you go away. I have to keep my streak of best in the class." He backed away slowly from her. Something strange was going on. He needed to talk to one of the cronies to get more information, or maybe someone else.

                                       ***

Draco would've called someone crazy if they told him he would be having a civil conversation with Ron Weasley. "What's wrong with Granger?", asked Draco. Alright, so maybe it wasn't exactly civil, but at least no one was getting hurt, for now.

"Who? Hermione Granger? That girl in Ravenclaw? She's a nightmare honestly. Bosses everyone around, and spends way too much time in the library. No wonder she hasn't got any friends", Ron finished. 'Ravenclaw? What on earth was he talking about?', Draco thought.

"I..um.. what? Actually never mind. Where's Potter?"

"Harry? He's gone", Ron said as if Draco was an idiot.

"Well obviously", said Draco, putting emphasis on 'obviously'. "..but where did he go? Hogsmeade? The Quidditch pitch?" Ron glared at him like he was crazy, and instead of replying back, he simply walked away to his next class. "What is wrong with everybody?", Draco asked himself. Maybe it was time to pull a Granger and do what she does best. Go to the library and boss around anyone who gets in his way.

   Later that evening he sat in his Slytherin dormitory and drank as many Firewhiskies that he could manage before passing out. It was all to phase out the situations that ran through his mind. Hermione was now in Ravenclaw, Harry was 'gone', whatever that meant, and Ron was acting like he's had one too many Acid Pops, which instead of burning holes in his tongue they were burning holes in his brain. He had just made up with Granger last night and now everything had changed just before his eyes, but it didn't make any sense how.

  The burning sensation started to slowly make him unaware of everything around him, and after a few minutes, he slowly started to see darkness.