Chapter 14 The Battle of Hogwarts

Draco was the first one to jump out of the painting and into the Room of Requirement before turning around and grabbing Hermione by the waist and placing her down on the ground. The room wasn't on fire, so they were off to a good start. "Alright, let's go."

They pulled the cloak back over themselves and walked out of the Room of Requirement before waiting down the corridor outside the room. That was when Draco spotted Neville. "There's Longbottom. Time for you to stop him", but she didn't move at all. She simply stared straight at the door. "What are you doing?"

"Shush." Suddenly she saw the other Draco and Hermione that returned to this time.

"That's us, but how?", Draco asked with a confused face.

"We already returned to this moment. So we have to wait for the other us to leave, and then try to stay hidden from the past us that fought in the war. Sounds complicated, but it's simple. The only complicated part is saving the world."

A sudden realization came to Draco's head. "Granger, if we already returned to this moment, then what are we suppose to change? What made our world so terrible?"

She knew he had a point. Getting Neville out of the Room of Requirement to save both his and Ron's life just wasn't enough, but then she remembered something that an old friend of hers told her about two years ago. "This was the wand of Bellatrix Lestrange."

"Was? Is it not still?"

"I suppose not, if you won it from her."

"You disarmed Dumbledore", she said quietly to herself as she remembered what Harry told her that morning on the Astronomy Tower. Draco didn't have the heart to kill Dumbledore, but disarming him was a piece of cake.

"Sorry?"

"You disarmed Dumbledore that night on the Astronomy Tower, right?", she asked him and waited for his answer.

"Yeah, I did, but what does that have to do with anything? Granger, that was over three years ago", he said before looking at his surroundings. "Well, maybe one year ago.., but that's irrelevant." Suddenly she watched the other Hermione and Draco return to the invisibility cloak and disappeared to return to their time.

"You've heard of The Tale of the Three Brothers, right? I mean, I assume you have since you're a pure blood." He nodded at her question, and waited for her to continue. He remembered his mother reading these stories to him when he was a younger child and up till he was about 12. That's when he realized that he was about to face what was really out there in the world. "The items are real. You disarmed Dumbledore, and now you are the master of the elder wand." Draco smiled at the thought of being the master of a great wizarding artifact, but a smile frown quickly replaced his smile.

"...but he disarms me later tonight. After I get out of the Room of Requirement my father brings me back to him." Suddenly all the pieces of the puzzle fell into place. The reason why Harry lost would be the fact that Voldemort became the master of the elder wand. Hermione was prepared to do anything to keep that from happening.

"Then that's one thing that we need to change. That's why our world was so terrible. We can't let him gain possession of the wand." Suddenly the door of the Room of Requirement flew open, and five of them flew out on broomsticks. "It's destroyed", Harry said as the diadem became ash in his hand. Past Hermione sat panting on the ground in front of Crabbe as past Draco fell face-down and coughed up whatever smoke had gotten in his lungs.

"Fiendfyre. It destroys horcruxes, but I wouldn't dare use it with how dangerous it is", said past Hermione as she looked around at its results. A little bit of smoke filled the corridor as Crabbe laid lifeless on the ground.