Chapter 8 Buried in Lies

"Legilimens."

Draco saw as Harry, Ron and Hermione screamed at a three headed dog, escaped from Devil's snare, cornered a troll, and played wizard chess, but then it changed to another room in Hogwarts that he didn't recognize. Hermione saw the two lines of fire standing around the room. One continued onto the sorcerers stone, and the other returned back to the room they were in before, but this challenge to get to the stone was on potions. "Which potion do we take?", Harry asked as he looked at the many bottles of different potions unlabeled on the table. She picked up a bottle that had already been opened and looked at all the other ones to see that they were completely full.

"There's only enough for one person", she said looking a the small amount. "You go on Harry. I'll find the potion that allows me to head back to Ron." She grabbed the purple potion as she recognized it immediately, took a sip, and waited a few seconds for the potion to kick in.

"You're brilliant Hermione", said Harry, which caused her to smile.

"Me? Books and cleverness. There are more important things. Friendship and bravery. Good luck Harry." She turned around, walked through the fire, and made sure to get Ron to the hospital wing.

Draco decided to search for a different memory. "Is there really a chamber of secrets?", Ron asked as they walked down the corridor. McGonagall had just told the students about the rumor of the chamber. How Salazar left it behind with a monster to attack those who are unworthy of learning, aka: muggle borns, and even though McGonagall says there is no chamber. She's clearly lying.

"Yes. McGonagall is worried. All the teachers are", she said emphasizing 'all'. "...but then who's the heir of Slytherin?"

"Gee Hermione", Ron said harshly. "Who do we know that thinks all Muggle-borns are scum?", Ron said with venom dripping in his voice. As on cue, Malfoy and his friends started to walk down the corridor, and pass them completely without a care in the world.

"If you're talking about Malfoy...", Hermione said as she gave Malfoy a cold stare to the back of his head.

"You heard him", Ron said completely interrupting her. "You'll be next Mudbloods". Hermione's blood began to boil as she remembered the harsh words Draco threw her way before their Quidditch practice.

"Alright fine, then why don't we ask him, but we can't do it as ourselves", she said as an idea came to her head. As Draco finished with that memory, his accusations were correct. He knew that the golden trio thought that Malfoy was the heir of Slytherin. He pushed those thoughts aside as he got to another memory.

Hermione walked through the library, and carried the mirror in her hand. The paper in her hand held all the information she needed. All she had to do was get back to the Gryffindor common room to tell Harry and Ron about what she found, but as she carefully looked around corners with the mirror she saw a figure come behind her. Right as her eyes fell on the bright big yellow ones she froze in her spot, unable to move at all, before falling frozen to the ground, and all she could do was wait till someone found out about another Muggle born attack.

Suddenly she saw those grey eyes again, and Draco couldn't push the thoughts aside anymore. "You thought I was the heir of Slytherin?", he asked with an annoyed look. Almost as if the idea of attacking muggle-borns, the people that he thought were scum, was an absurd thought and disgusted him.

"Well you didn't exactly set a bright side on yourself." She got up and paced around the room for a second before heading back to the window. "So how does Occlumency work?"