Chapter 28 Mystery Girl

Pansy, Blaise and Theo sat in front of Draco on the floor. Pansy's nails started to dig into the flesh above her knees from the curiosity that ran through her. She wondered what was going on with her friend and she didn't really understand how to deal with her anticipation. Blaise remained absolutely silent. He simply thought that Draco was losing it, which he knew he would one day. Since Pansy was worried, Blaise decided not to question anything. Theo only agreed with Blaise's accusations.

Draco pulled out the stopper from the tiny phial, and drank a portion of the potion. Nothing happened at first, but suddenly his head started to twitch. The pain in his head was at its highest rank. He grabbed onto the couch armrest for support, but suddenly his memories took over.

Draco and Blaise sat on the Hogwarts express. He stared out the window as he thought about the nightmare year ahead. "So your aunt is in charge of the Dark Arts class?"

"Not even Defense anymore. Bet ten galleons that the first two weeks of school, half the students will either be in the hospital wings or dead."

Next he saw the castle, but this time he got a better view. The school was covered in Slytherin decor, and a huge serpent replaced Dumbledore's griffin.

The next scene was the death eaters fighting against the Order. Theo Nott was fighting someone, but he couldn't see who it was since the hood of their jumper was up. "Stupefy!", Nott shouted in their direction, and both Theo and Draco were shocked at what they saw after the hood fell off.

"Granger?"

The scene quickly changed to Blaise and Draco in the Slytherin common room. "She's alive", Draco said as he paced back and forth, but he was still very confused. Why was it a shock that Hermione was alive? He of all people would known how brave and strong she was, but he'd never admit that to her face.

"Are you sure? Maybe your eyes were deceiving you. I mean.. it is quite hard to see through those mask. Plus it was pretty dark out there. It could've been Weaselette." The idea of Hermione Granger showing up in the middle of the battle sounded completely absurd. To him, she was as good as dead. Hasn't been seen in months, every trace of her was gone, and the time she disappeared was the time that the dark lord had taken over Hogwarts.

"What's wrong with you two?", Theo said as he came into the conversation. He strode over to the leather couch before sitting down in the middle of it.

"He's lost it"

"No, I have not! Hermione Granger is out there still", Draco said looking at Theo, and ignoring Blaise's eye rolls. The two were about to start arguing over the top of each other when Theo decided to interrupt.

"Yeah, I saw her too. One more hex and I could've killed her, and possibly put an end to this war." Draco wasn't surprised to hear that Theo would just hand her over or possibly even kill her. Theo had a rough childhood so he didn't exactly respond to sadness like others did, but when the next meeting between the Dark Lord's inner circle came around, Draco thought that maybe mentioned Granger to him was a bad idea.

  "Why don't we wipe them out at their source?", Voldemort gave him a weird glare for his statement.

  "...and who might that be?", Voldemort said in a voice that was so cold it could turn bone to marrow

  "Hermione Granger." Draco was still thinking as he watched his memories play. What was wrong with Granger? Why was everyone so surprised to see her? All these questions filled his mind as he could do nothing, but wait for the answers.

  "Got to make it believable, Draco", Pansy said as she walked up to his tall frame. 'What on earth was she talking about?', he thought. Suddenly he saw himself making out with Pansy. He wrapped his arms around her waist and enjoyed the taste of her lips, but even he could tell that they felt rather different. Not the roughness that he remembered from their fourth year at the Yule Ball, but softness and slowness. Pansy had really learned how to kiss since the war, and he honestly didn't want it to stop. Suddenly he pulled her down on the sofa with him.