Chapter 2 Pansy Parkinson

At seven o'clock, the train had made it to the Hogsmeade Station. Hermione had been silent during the carriage ride and during the walk from the bridge to the entrance hall. Instead, she looked at the many different changes that the dark lord had made. When she made her way through the doorway to the entrance hall, Hermione felt her slick black hair getting heavier. She snuck away from the group and walked over to the bathroom.

When she saw herself in the mirror, her fears were correct. Her hair was turning back to brown, her small blackish eyes were turning to a bigger, lighter brown, and her Slytherin robe wasn't fitting quite correctly. She rummaged through her rather large pocket of her robe until she grabbed ahold of the phial of polyjuice. Hermione opened the phial and took another sip. The taste made her frown, but she was well aware that she would need to get used to it. Once again, she was Pansy Parkinson, ready to save the world. Hermione never thought she would hear those words in the same sentence, even if she was only thinking it.

                              ***

Draco watched as the dark lord placed the dark mark in everyone's arms. The whole castle was full of the Slytherin crest, but it almost made him sick. He never thought he'd hate his own house so much. When the food appeared, he saw that it was brought out by the house-elves while death eaters dragged them by chains. Draco ate about one fourth as much as everyone else. Ever since the incident that occurred on the astronomy tower last year, Draco could feel himself getting sicker and sicker. It didn't help that he had to witness the deaths of just about everyone who was held captive at the manor, but the worst thing he'd ever witnessed was Hermione Granger being tortured.

"Draco, go grab a cloth to silence her screams.", Bellatrix shouted at him as her forearm dug into Hermione's throat, cutting off the airflow. When he returned, Bellatrix stared at him with an annoyed look on her face. "Well, what are you waiting for?" Draco glanced down at Hermione with a sad look. Her eyes were almost swollen shut. He slowly forced her mouth open and waited for her to bite down on the material. "Now if you get any blood on this, I'll make you suffer even more."

As Blaise started to dive into some chocolate pudding, Draco was once again pushing his food around. He sat his fork down with the clank, and looked up once again see Pansy Parkinson sitting at the table across from him. "Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" He asked Blaise to make sure his eyes weren't deceiving him.

Blaise wiped the chocolate residue off his mouth with his sleeve as he turned around and saw the exact same thing is Draco. "Pansy. I thought the ministry claimed her dead?"

"Something new every day", Draco said as he got up and walked over to Pansy. "Pansy?", he asked with a hesitant voice, almost as if she would disappear in instant.

Hermione's eyes widened first, but once Ginny nudged her with her elbow, Hermione tried her best to get into character. "Hello, Draco." She watched as he gave her a weird look before glancing at Blaise then back at her.

"Hello, Draco? That's all I get after not seeing you for four months? Is something wrong?" Hermione saw the sympathy in his eyes. She'd never seen Draco care about a person this much other than his parents.

"No, of course not. I missed you so much."

Ginny wanted to help Hermione, but she didn't know how. If Hermione kept talking, they would both be done for. She got up from the table and grabbed Hermione roughly by the arm before dragging her out of the great Hall like she was a child.