Chapter 26 Same Old Mistakes

Draco walked about a mile out of the grounds with Pansy. A smile on his face as he snuck around Hogsmeade. He placed the chocolate down on her lap before setting the cup or Firewhisky on the table, and kissing her on the cheek.

However, a moment later, he discovered himself in front of Malfoy Manor. 'How did I get here', Draco thought to himself. Thousands of bodies were being tortured and killed, and Draco could only stand and watch. "TELL ME WHERE IT IS!" Bellatrix's shouted at the top of her lungs.

Suddenly, Draco saw someone holding a wand directly at his chest. He stood in shock. What was he going to do? He was wandless. "Avada Kedavra", the person shouted. However, Draco noticed the spell had no effect on him whatsoever as he remained standing. It was as if nothing came in contact with him at all, but a whimpering noise was heard. Draco turned around to see Pansy lying on the ground.

"NO!", Draco yelled on instinct as he rushed over to her. "Don't die on me."

"Draco, there was nothing you could do the first time, so why bother now?" He was very confused at her words. What on earth was she talking about?

"Crucio", the person standing before him shouted at Draco. His body withered on the ground as the torture curse ran through his body.

"Draco", Pansy whimpered. "Draco, wake up."

His eyes shot open, his body was drenched in sweat, and his hair stuck to his face. Pansy kneeled down on the floor so she was at eye level with him. Draco sat up on his bed while Blaise stood a few feet away. "Bad dream? I thought they had stopped after the war ended." Pansy got up and walked back to stand next to Blaise, who immediately wrapped his arm around her. He recognized his surroundings as his room in the Manor.

"Are you two together?" The two of them shared a look of confusion then put their attention back on Draco.

"Are you feeling alright?", asked Blaise.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit boggled. I'm going to take a Calming potion before the party starts."

"Alright, well if you're starting to feel sick, then don't push yourself, Draco."

"I'm fine, Pansy", he almost shouted at her as he got up and headed toward the lavatory in the Manor. There was a hint of annoyance in his voice that neither of them seemed to catch.

Pansy held the overflowing Firewhisky in her hand as the music played throughout the Manor. The three Slytherins had recently discovered music in their fourth year, and fell in love with it. They didn't even care what the song was; enjoying the beat was all that mattered to them. As she made her way over to her boyfriend, she ended up spilling some of the contents from her cup. "Whoa, careful", said Blaise. She set down the glass and grabbed Blaise's hands to dance together. Sometimes he would spin her around, and sometimes it just involved them being in each other's arms. They resembled a meaner version of Hermione and Victor at the Yule Ball, except Pansy's dress was shorter than the one she had for the Yule Ball, but Blaise wasn't complaining. She suddenly caught a glimpse of blonde hair on the other side of the room. "Come with me."

Draco was enjoying a Firewhisky when his friends decided to interrupt. "Can I help you?", he said as he stared at the cup and knew his friends were listening from behind him.

"That's it! You've been moping around since break began. You are going to finish that Firewhisky and enjoy tonight!" She grabbed his arm, started to pull him to the crowd of people that danced in the Manor, and stopped in front of one specific person. "Astoria, this is Draco. Draco, this is Astoria. Have fun, but not too much fun", said Pansy before storming off with Blaise.