Chapter 5 Fight or Flight

While Hermione had a free period, she walked back to her dormitory and checked the brewing cauldron in the dormitory. She added a few more lacewings flies, and stirred it a bit before pulling the curtain over it and letting it brew some more. As Hermione looked at her dormitory, she realized that it was so empty without Ginny. Right now she wished she had the Resurrection Stone to bring her back. Even if it was just a second. She missed her laugh, her smile, and the way she'd fire back at anyone who was rude to her. Ginny never took any rubbish from anyone, and she only wished she could do the same.

It was times like this where she missed all of them. She missed Ron's eating habit, Harry's sassy comments, Neville's conversation even if they were just about plants, Ginny's hexes, and Luna's crazy statements.

She was currently refilling empty flasks with an already completed polyjuice potion, when suddenly, Draco came barging in. "Pansy, we have a problem", said Draco not even bothering to knock.

Before she could respond a voice ran through the speakers. "All students make their way to the Great Hall." The two of them cringed at the annoying voice of Bellatrix Lestrange.

                                       ***

It had only been two months since the last attack, so the inner circle found the location of the Order surprisingly quickly. Hermione looked through her skull mask as she listened to instructions from the dark lord himself. "This is our second chance to finally rid of the Order. There's not many of them this time, so it should be fairly easy. Fight and Kill." All of them locked arms and waited for Bellatrix to apparate to the location.

Hermione didn't recognize the place at all, so it was a pretty good place to recover. Unfortunately, her instructions were to eliminate the Order. How can she complete her tasks if anything that was good is dead?

The Order and rebellion looked at all of them as they stood their ground. The dead silence was almost as if no one knew who should start the battle. Knowing the Order, they wouldn't fire till the Death Eaters do. If Hermione wanted to keep her identity, then this was something she had to do to prove that she was truly apart of the inner circle. She casted a non-verbal curse straight forward and watched as it hit Bill Weasley. 'Man, he has the worst of luck', she thought to herself, and suddenly the battle began.

Hermione battled Molly Weasley with spells that wouldn't do much damage. "Make it believable", she whispered to Hermione. The battle between the death eaters and the Order lasted for several hours. Molly was about to send another spell, but watched as the black hair started to turn brown and frizzy. "Hermione, the polyjuice." Molly said as she lowered her wand. Everyone else was too busy to realize that Pansy Parkinson was now Hermione Granger as they fought for their lives. She quickly ran toward the forest and hit behind the trees.

As she searched through her pockets for her flasks, she mentally cursed herself as she realized she left them in the dormitory while filling up others. "The polyjuice is back at the castle."

"Then get out of that robe, and take off the mask." said Molly. Hermione took off her mask and robe, and luckily she had a jacket and jeans under it. The polyjuice had now officially worn off. "Let's go fight."

Hermione pulled up her hood and moved back into the battle. "Flippendo!" She battled Theo Nott and tried her best to keep her hood on.

"Stupefy." The stunning spell hit the hood of her jacket instead of her head. When she looked up to see where the hex had come from she saw Draco Malfoy with his mouth open wide. She had come to the realization that he knocked her hood off. His eyes were so wide that they could've popped out of his head, and Theo seemed to have the same expression. "Granger?"