Chapter 1 A New World

Everyone who had survived the war had gone into hiding. Hermione Granger had returned to her parents in Sydney, Australia. It took her awhile to adapt to a new life. A life without magic or her best friends, but she was trying her best to get used to it. Hermione was currently rereading her favorite book when there was a knock at the door. "Come in", said Hermione as she put her book mark in and set her book on the desk.

  "Hermione dear, could you run to the store and grab some groceries for dinner tonight?", her mother asked.

  "Sure mum", said Hermione as she hopped off the bed, and grabbed her wallet. Once her mom was gone she pulled her wand out from under a loose floorboard and stuffed it in her inside jacket pocket. Ever since the war ended, her mother didn't feel comfortable with Hermione using magic. Her mother thought that the use of a simple spell would bring danger closer to them. Instead of getting rid of magic, she had all of her supplies under a loose floorboard with an undetectable extension charm.

   When Hermione grabbed everything she needed, she headed over to the cash register. The sign said '10 items or less', but there's always that one person with 15 items. As she glanced around the room, her eyes landed on a familiar piece of newspaper that was hanging out of a guy's blazer pocket. Trying not to let him notice, she carefully grabbed the paper and pulled it out of his pocket. 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named plans new ways at Hogwarts', was the title of the article, and right next to it she caught the name Rita Skeeter. "Why am I not surprised?", Hermione said with a frown.

   She figured the Wizard world was in absolute chaos right now. Voldemort was on the verge of starting a nightmare year at Hogwarts. She could practically hear the unforgivables from the new teachers as a student says the wrong answer.

  "Didn't your parents ever tell you that you shouldn't touch what isn't yours?", the guy said harshly to her before facing the cash register again, but Hermione finally realize who had shouted at her.

  "Kingsley? Is that really you?" He turned around and finally recognized her.

  "Granger, what are you doing here?"

  "Trying to stay alive, just like everyone else. I sent my parents here during the start of the war, and I guess it's safer here than England. I haven't seen anyone from the war in ages. How many survivors are left?", Hermione asked with a scared look. She almost didn't want him to answer the question at all since there were very few survivors.

  Kingsley sighed at her question. "Most of the Weasleys, Fleur, Hagrid, and a few survivors from Dumbledore's army have joined the Order. The death eaters have been trying to eliminate us for a while now."

  "I can't believe he's gone. I would do anything to fix it". Once Kingsley and Hermione had bought the things they needed, Kingsley walked with her until she had made it home.

  "I'm actually glad to see you, Granger. The Order and I have been forming a plan to fix our world, and you might be the perfect person for the job. We think that something went wrong during the battle of Hogwarts. If you got information from the dark lord himself, then we can fix what happened." Hermione had listened carefully to what he had said, and her eyes widened in surprise.

  "That's a suicide mission."

  "So is hunting horcruxes, so is living in this nightmare. It all depends on what you're willing to fight for, and is it worth dying for? Look, I'm not telling you to say yes, but sleep on it. There will be a port key at the Sydney Harbour at nine in the morning. You know where to go from there." Kingsley slipped something into her hand, and Hermione looked down to see that it was a picture of Dumbledore's army. Harry and Ron stood beside her with smiles on their faces.