Chapter 10 Unbreakable Vow

Draco twirled his wand in his hand as he looked out the window to see the black lake. He was about to start another Occlumency lesson, but Granger was currently eating lunch in the Great Hall with Blaise. Draco actually thought that this was the perfect opportunity to see how he could help her get a grip on Occlumency. In the last session, she had been able to shove him out of her mind, so that was a start. Suddenly an idea came to his head. It wasn't going to be easy, but he knew she could handle it.

"Your friend talks way too much", Hermione said as she tossed her bag on the ground and took off her Slytherin robe. "Why are you looking at me like that?", asked Hermione when she saw the weird look on his face. It looked like he wasn't in the room or even on the same planet as her.

"Let's get started", was all that he could say. He watched as she sat on the edge of her bed, and, like the last time, looked at the scratch on the glass window. "Legilimens."

"You must be Miss Granger.", Lucius said as he looked at Draco to be sure before looking back at her. "Yes, Draco's told me all about you, and your parents", Hermione glanced over to see them talking to Arthur Weasley. "Muggles aren't they?"

  Hermione stood in the middle of Malfoy Manor, while Bellatrix circled around her several times. "Tell me where the Order Headquarters is!", Bellatrix shouted in her face.

  "I'll never tell you!", Hermione spat back as she tried to show some bravery in this situation, but she was still scared out of her mind. Right after Hermione spoke, she felt a stinging sensation against her cheek as her neck jerked to the side. Bellatrix had slapped her.

  "Alright then", she said as she glared at Narcissa and Lucius who stood in the corner of the dining area. "Tell me where it is, or watch them die." Hermione had no idea who they were talking about, but suddenly Mr. and Mrs. Granger were brought into the room. "TELL US!", she shouted as she moved away from Hermione and toward the Grangers.

  "CRUCIO!", They both yelled as the spell ran through their bodies. Her worst nightmare appeared right in front of her.

  "No! Stop it!! STOP IT!"

  She shoved Draco out of her head as the curse stopped. "What was that? That's never happened in my life!", Hermione continued to ask questions as the memory burned into her brain.

  "Precisely. That's how Occlumency works. The dark lord is know for entering ones mind and changing their views completely to drive and torture them into madness. That was just an example. This is why you need to put all the things you care about behind you." Draco paused for a second. "After seeing you obliviate your parents, I knew you really cared about them, which is exactly what he will end up doing if you give him that power. In other words, learn to let go of everything you fear to lose."

  She looked down at the clock to realize that it was already midnight. "It's really late. I'm going to bed. Goodnight", she said silencing him. Hermione opened the door for him to leave without another word nor glance at him. She never wanted to see that imagine again, and as for now she was going to attempt to sleep the nightmares away.

  By the time that Christmas rolled around. Hermione was extremely happy that Voldemort was actually letting his students go home for holidays. There were many things she needed to discuss with the Order, however, there were still many things that she needed to know.

  "What are you doing, Malfoy?", Hermione said as she watched Draco drag his bags into Hermione's dormitory. "Moving in? Look, we may no longer be at each other's throats, but we're not that close."