Chapter 27 My Little Otter

Apparently part of the potion had gotten in a cut that Draco had previously received on his arm. The scar had gone a nasty shade of purple, and if he was brought to Madam Pomfrey any later, there was a possibility of losing that arm.

  The medicine soothed the pain as he stared at the hospital wing ceiling, but all of a sudden, 'smack'. "Ow", Draco said rubbing his face. "Why?"

"How dare you call Hermione a Mudblood!" He snarled at her in annoyance.

"Weasette, I honestly don't want to hear it. Besides, I thought you two were mad at each other."

"One little fight doesn't mean I'm going to turn my back on my friends, but you are the biggest jerk on the planet. Wizard and Muggle world. She went through all this trouble to help you. I thought you were smart enough to put blood prejudice behind you since the war has ended, but you will never learn from your mistakes will you?"

"Help me? Granger, help me?", he said in confusion. "The only thing she's done is make things worse. She broke my broom, so my dad had to get me a new Firebolt, had her cat scratch me up, and got me a bad grade in potions." Ginny started to laugh at his words, and he was confused why. "What's so funny?"

"You think you're father gave that to you? Hermione snuck out of the castle to go to Hogsmeade, and apparate all the way to Diagon Alley to buy you that, and make up for Crookshanks destroying your broom." Draco stared at the blanket that laid over him as the words sunk in.

"Are you sure?"

"There's a carving in the handle that says 'D. Malfoy' in silver. She stayed up for hours doing that." She scoffed at the boy in front of her. "Looks like you'll always be a foul git." Ginny didn't want to hear another word leave his mouth. She stormed off right after she finished and slammed the door behind her; leaving Draco to throw his head against the pillow in frustration. Granger went through all this trouble? Then he's made some huge mistakes lately.

He sat in the common room and held the broom out in front of him until she arrived, but she simply stared directly at him. "Yes, that's a broom. I thought we had discovered this in Flying Class during first year. What do you want me to do with it?"

"Take it." She laughed. "You're the one who paid for it. So go ahead, take it."

"I have no idea what you're talking about", she said as she closed her book, got off the couch, and headed toward her dormitory. "Besides, what am I going to do with a broom? I'm not a big fan of Quidditch, in case you didn't notice."

"...but you can get your money back. I mean, this is the most expensive broom out there. There's got to be something that you were saving up for. Granger, don't be stubborn. Just take it back." She turned around as she was only inches away from the door.

"Goodbye, Malfoy." He should've known that she wouldn't have admitted to buying the broom. Gryffindors were just too bloody proud for their own good. Maybe he couldn't get her to accept it back, but instead he could trick her into taking it back. As for now, he needed to find out what was going on in his head.

                                  ***

He was dancing in a tent. His arms around someone else, but he couldn't see who. They danced to music playing from a small radio. "Why'd you do it?"

"To keep you away from Lucius..."

"No, Granger. You could've done so many other things. Why'd you do it?"