Chapter 33 Nothing Is Ever Lost

Draco ran all the way to Hogsmeade and apparated to Kings Cross Station. Once he knew that no one was looking, he pulled out the time turner and spun it enough times to turn back the clock to September 1st, 1991. When Draco looked at his surroundings, he saw Molly Weasley wishing her children a good year at Hogwarts, and his own father helping his younger self get the huge trunk on the train.

  As Draco waited till the coast was clear, he got on the train and, sat in one of the empty compartments for ten minutes until it was time for him to find Harry's compartment. "Which compartment was Potter in?", he asked himself, but remembered something about the past. He moved through many different people and made sure to keep his hood up so no one would see his face.

  "Think my name's funny, do you?", he heard his younger self say, and hid in a gap between the train compartments and the door that lead to more of them. Right now, he was wanting to beat himself up for not listening to Hermione's words. "You have to be careful where you leave this thing. It could create major problems for the future." However, she was the one who left it on Kingsley's desk, so she's the one at fault.

  Another tall shadow that headed in the direction of first year Draco caught his attention. "MacNair", he said to himself and and started to head toward him. He shoved MacNair into an empty corridor and covered his mouth. "Surprised? You should be. You're not going to get away with this." Draco punched him hard in the ribs to stop him from struggling, but when he turned his head slightly, he caught a glimpse of a small eleven year old with very brown bushy hair, and big brown eyes searching the corridor for something. "Mione", he said with a smile.

  Suddenly Draco felt a sharp pain in his side. MacNair was back on his feet. "No! The dark lord shall win the war. Mudbloods don't deserve a happy life. Now get out of my way." Draco punched him straight in the jaw, and pressed his forearm into his neck while slamming him against the wall.

  "No! They were all wrong. They're people too, and I may not have realized it then, but I have now, and that eleven year old muggleborn deserves to be happy." He heard a voice from a few compartments down. "Have either of you seen a toad? A boy named Neville has lost one." That was the start of a great friendship.

  "You're too late." Suddenly everything started to turn white. The voice of Hermione still rang through his ears. "Oh are you doing magic? Let's see then." He closed his eyes so he wouldn't go blind from the light, by as he opened them again he saw the courtyard. Instead of transporting him back to the day him and Hermione had gotten into a fight, he found himself staring at the castle ruins while everyone cheered that Voldemort was gone. He could see Hermione talking with Ron and Harry inside the Great Hall. Pansy Parkinson stood right in front of him while Blaise's arm was around her. Instead of letting Pansy finish talking he sprinted toward the Great Hall.

"But... you were just there... and now.. you're over there... Blimey! How did you..?, Ron asked in confusion, and Hermione simply raised an eyebrow.

"Honestly Ron, how can someone be in two places at once?", as Hermione finished her statement, Harry started to laugh which caused Hermione to join him. Suddenly Hermione saw a figure running very quickly toward her, and not even a moment later she was being lifted in the air. "Whoa, Draco. Okay, you can put me down now."

  "You have no idea how happy I am to see you."

  "We just saw each other ten minutes ago..." Hermione was very confused on his behavior.

  "According to you, yes, but Blimey, you won't believe what I had to go through. We were Head Boy and Girl in our seventh year, and we forgot that we cared about each other, and when we remembered each other.. someone stole our time turner...my parents were part of the Order AND YOU WERE A DEATH EATER IN RAVENCLAW!" Hermione gave Harry and Ron a confused glare as she slowly pushed Draco away from them.