Chapter 31 Pansy or Hermione?

"So in this other world that your from...", Pansy said slowly, looking straight ahead as she tried to process everything that Draco had told her. "Granger is in Gryffindor and is a member of the Order of the Phoenix, the Weasleys and the Malfoys don't get along, and to top it off you're a death eater yourself, with gobs of money?", Pansy finished with a face that told him that she didn't entirely believe him.

  "It's true, and they're suppose to be friends, with Harry as well."

  "Granger, and Weasley, friends? Those two words don't sound correct together in a sentence, and Harry is friends with them? Draco, Harry is dead, and has been for awhile now."

  Draco's eyes widened at her words, but it must have been replaced with an irritated look shortly after. He did not mess with the time period TWICE just to find out that Harry is dead once again. "What are you talking about?", asked Draco. Blaise and Pansy looked at each other. "When did this happen?"

  "It was in his first year. Nobody truly saw what happened, but he was found in a secret part of the castle, past the third floor corridor. Some say that he was strangled by Devil's Snare. Others say he died fighting You-Know-Who, but I doubt he even made it that far. Really put a bad look on Slytherin." Pansy sat down after she finished her story. She spoke like she didn't care about the information since it was very old to her, but Draco was going to have a heart attack if he didn't get back to the real Granger soon.

  "Harry Potter was a Slytherin?", asked Draco with wide eyes.

  "Of course. Draco, you're sounding as if you've never heard this story before." That was when the pieces of the puzzle started to click right back into place, and Pansy realized why Draco didn't understand. "Right, sorry."

  "When did the muggleborn law start? Since when have the muggleborns been forced to the back of the train?", asked Malfoy.

  "It originally started back in the 1930's or possibly even the 1800's, but it wasn't always like this. There was a break for about 50 years, but then it started up again in 1991. One of them was dragged to the back. Then they started to pull all the muggleborns to the back." Draco immediately knew who the first one was.

"That's it! Hermione was the first one." Pansy and Blaise looked confused as Draco used the word 'Hermione'.

"Since when did you start calling Granger 'Hermione'? said Pansy with an irritated look. All Draco could do was place his hands in his pocket as he rocked back and forth on his feet. "Alright", Pansy stated in a bitter tone as she realized her question would not be answered. "I can start looking into some research as to why you're currently in this situation. I'm going to need a few days since you're giving me very vague information." Pansy looked over at Blaise who simply rolled his eyes.

   "Pansy, it's our winter break. For once can you take a break from so much reading and studying?" Blaise stated in a dramatic tone.

  "Oh you poor thing. I'll remember those words the next time you need help with your homework. Draco, I believe if you explored Diagon Alley for a bit, it may give you some clues as to why you're stuck here, but be alert at all times."

         ***

Draco decided that the best place to look for clues would be Knockturn Alley Hermione sat down on one of the chairs in Borgin and Burke's like it was her thrown. It had just come to Draco's attention on how much she has changed. It was almost as if Pansy and Hermione had switched personalities completely. While Pansy had switched to a mature sense of style and enjoyment in reading, Hermione had changed to a careless sense of style, and a carefree behavior. He didn't even recognize her anymore. Where was the beautiful perfect goody-goody that he fell in love with during his first year? She was still beautiful, but not the same. He also noticed that her hair was no longer as bushy as it normally was. It had indeed calmed down a lot from the mess that it used to be.