Chapter 6 Our Last Hope

"She's alive", Draco said as he paced back and forth in the boys dormitory. "Granger's actually alive." He, himself thought he would be angry, but even he couldn't deny the smile on his face as he saw the brown eyes and bushy hair.

"Are you sure? Maybe your eyes were playing games on you. Plus it was pretty dark out there. It could've been Weasel's sister". Ginny was someone who also hasn't been seen in months, but he was sure it was Granger.

"No, I'm positive it was Granger".

"How?" Draco didn't want to tell Blaise that he caught a glimpse of her arm when her sleeve came up and flashed the scar that she had received at Malfoy Manor, and to this day he still hated his aunt for it.

"I just know."

***

Hermione stood on the other side of the painting. She looked at the map closely and saw that Draco and Blaise were in their dormitory. Draco's footsteps moved back and forth so she knew he was pacing and probably discussing something with Blaise. She opened the portrait and jumped to the floor, not even caring about getting ash on her jeans.

The Room of Requirement was basically destroyed. Ashes were everywhere, and everything was basically ruined. She looked around the room and saw the results of Fiendfyre. The room was probably useless now. Other than getting in and out of the castle, she highly doubted that it would actually serve people's needs anymore.

As she placed the map on the ground she switched her clothes with Pansy's robes, and was thankful that the robe's pockets were so huge to stuff her other clothes in them easily.

The green liquid spilled forward out of the flask and into her mouth, and she fought every bone in her body not to puke it up. "Blimey, that's disgusting", she said to herself. Even though she had taken it so many times before, Mad Eye was still correct. The taste of polyjuice potion was quite disgusting and impossible to adjust to. She looked at the map in front of her and watched to see if anyone was nearby before heading back to the Slytherin common room.

***

"I think you've had one too many Firewhisky's", Blaise said from the couch. Draco paced back and forth as the same imagine flooded his mind, and his hair was all messed up from running his fingers through it so many times.

"I'm not delusional, Blaise. She was there." Draco didn't understand why Blaise couldn't comprehend what he was saying. Granger was at the battle, end of story. No what if's to add onto it. Suddenly Theo entered the room and sat in one of the other leather chairs.

"What's wrong with you two?"

"He's lost it", they both said in unison. "I have not!", said Draco in a defensive voice. "Hermione Granger is out there still", Draco said to both of them. Blaise was about to make another comment when suddenly Theo spoke up again.

"Yeah I saw her too. One more hex and I could've killed her and ended this war." Draco immediately knew he couldn't tell Theo about wanting to keep Hermione alive, but he tried his best to hide the slight frown on his face. "What's the matter?" Theo said as if Draco looked like the biggest idiot alive.

"Nothing", Draco said shaking his head slightly. "I was just thinking... if we take her out then it will be easier to wipe out the entire Order. I mean... the best way to take out an army is to take out its main source", Draco said as he lied right through his teeth. Obviously Kingsley Shacklebox was the most important part of the Order. He learned that from Potter himself, but refused to tell anyone the truth about it.