Chapter 18 Return to Hogwarts

(4 months later)

Harry, Ron, and Hermione sat in the compartment and talked about the world that Hermione was stuck in. "We actually died?", Ron asked in surprise.

"Yeah, you died in the Fiendfyre fire, and Harry was killed by Voldemort. It was a nightmare, but one that seemed to be never ending. Bellatrix taught the Dark Arts class, they made us use the Unforgivable Curses on first years and whole school was covered in the Slytherin house symbol." Instead of immediately returning to the year 1999 like Hermione thought they would do after they saved the world, the universe was giving Draco and Hermione a chance to repeat their seventh year of Hogwarts.

"You're right, that is a nightmare, but how on earth did you manage to fix everything?" Hermione thought about his question, but couldn't seem to find an answer. She remembered the nightmare of what it was, but she couldn't remember how she managed to escape.

"I can't remember."

Suddenly the train came to a halt. "Guess we're there", Ron stated as he attempted to see the castle from the fogged window.

"The castle is almost two miles away Ron, and surrounded by many trees."

"Oh, right." Hermione grabbed her shoulder bag and started to head off the train through the crowd of people. "Another year of Hogwarts. You ready to go back?", Ron asked.

"Yeah, maybe this time we'll be able to learn in peace", Hermione stated and watched as both boys looked at each other before they burst out laughing. "Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up", she said as she got off the train. "Some things never seem to change, do they?"

"Nope", they said in unison. "You never know, Hermione. A troll may enter the castle, cause chaos, and Harry will have to save the day again." She laughed as she remembered back to their first years when she would've gotten killed by the troll if Harry and Ron hadn't come to help her, however, they were the ones to lock the creature in the bathroom with her. She spent all these years of chaos trying to return the favor.

"Oh, the memories." As Hermione looked for an empty carriage, she turned back and saw the familiar black suit and blonde hair through the window and starting to get off the train. She didn't even realize that she started daydreaming even when Draco started to stare back.

"Hermione... let's go", Ron said as he noticed she was not fully there at the moment.

"Sorry", said Hermione as Harry helped her get up onto the carriage, but it didn't last very long. She pulled out the current book she was readying. Peter Pan, but she couldn't seem to focus. She looked at the words on the page, but she couldn't seem to let the words sync in as she kept daydreaming. She kept reading the same pages over and over again, until they were finally at the castle grounds.

                                  ***

"Where's Hermione?", Ron asked as they reached the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. "She was right behind us." The two boys stared straight through the Great Hall doors and seemed to be able to spot everyone else except the person that that were looking for.

"No idea. I'm just happy people are actually letting their kids return after what happened, but maybe she did have a point on a chaos free year."

"Yeah, and maybe Hermione will stop studying her brains out", Ron said sarcastically, but stopped when he heard a rather loud noise coming from the the other side of the Great Hall doors. Hermione walked through the doors at a rather fast speed with a rather angry look on her face.

"Alright, Granger, go ahead and keep on walking!", shouted Draco.

"Starting off the year with trouble, Malfoy? I honestly wouldn't be surprised. You seem to always be causing trouble."