Chapter 5

Brendon's POV

I keep following Emma from a distance, I watch her go around the lighthouse and crawls in through a big hole after I wait a few seconds, I quietly go in after her

Surprisingly, it was pretty clean for a building that hasn't been visited in 10 years.

There were no spider webs, or any rats and stuff. The walls looked so freshly painted, I wonder who did all this...

It couldn't possibly be Emma who cleaned up the place..just then I realized that I lost where Emma went.

All of a sudden I hear a noise coming from the staircases. I thought Emma got hurt so I started running up the stairs and found Emma in the middle of the staircase, she let out a small scream and fell down.

Then I realized how stupid I was, and that she didn't get hurt, it was just noise from her climbing the stairs...She looks at me with wide eyes.

We stare at each other for probably 5 seconds, then I finally put out a hand to help her up, she just looks at my hand then grabs it.

"w-what are you doing here.." she asked nervously.

"I don't know I was just walking around..." she just looks at me, knowing that I was lying.

"fine, I followed you here, and what are you doing here?" I asked emphasizing 'you'.

Just then she realized we were still holding hands and so she let go, her face turning bright red.

"Can I stay with you?"I ask." um, yeah why not since your here already, it would be mean to make you leave," she says.

She turns and starts up the stairs again, and I follow behind her.

When we reach the top, she walks towards the balcony and opens a small door and crawls in. I follow after her.

The balcony is surrounded by windows, to protect people from falling.

I look around, there was a broken window. It looked big enough for someone to climb out and jump.

That was the window, the lady probably jumped from, 10 years ago.

I turn to see Emma sitting on a lot of big soft bean bags covering herself with fluffy blankets and looking out the windows. I walk up to her and plop down next to her and she hands me a blanket, I take it and thanked her.

After a few minutes admiring the ocean. I finally decided to break the silence

"So..um your the one who refurbished this place?" She looks at me and nods.

"wow, since when did you start coming here?"I ask." since..well, middle school.." she says, sounding embarrassed." damn, that's a long time..why do you like coming here?"I ask.

"Well, because of ....um. it's hard to explain," she says, her eyes watering.

I regret asking her."oh, I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have asked.."I quickly say.

She just shakes her head, and says,"its fine, don't worry about it" She muttered, a few teardrops rolling down her cheeks.

I put my arm around her, and say"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to get you to remember sad memories...I didn't know they were sad."

She quickly wiped her tears away and looked at me, and smile," its ok, I'm fine now" she says when she looks out the window, but I can't help but think.

Did something happen to her in the past?

I know something did but what?

Emma's POV

I can't believe, that Brendon is with me here, and the fact that he followed me here, AND the fact that he has his arm around me.

I'm so embarrassed that I cried.

Sh*t he probably thinks I'm weak, and the sad part is that it's pretty true.

I put my head down on his chest and I could feel butterflies explode in my stomach, I wonder if he is comfortable with me doing this... I really hope he doesn't mind.

We start talking about school and our hobbies, mine was only reading and eating, so he did most of the talking.

I barely heard anything cus I was watching his lips move and his amazing blue eyes looking right into mine.

I do remember him talking about his football games. That's it though, I don't remember anything else. It's just impossible when he is looking right into my eyes.

After a while, Brendon looked at his watch and his smile turned into a frown and looked at me and said

"oh my god, I just remembered I had football practice and I missed it, my coach is gonna kill me..sh*t," he said.

"This is all my fault I'm sorry," I say, feeling guilty as hell."No, it's not your fault, I chose to follow you, and I don't regret coming, staying here with you is much better than training." He said.

We got up and went down, and he started walking back to school.

"Hey, Brendon! Could you not tell anyone about this place please?" I yelled out.

He smiles and says"only if I can come back here with you" I laugh and say " sure, bye!"

As he walks away, I started to head towards my house, reading my book.

For once in a long time, I felt like everything might be okay. I had hope.

Something I haven't in a long time.

Yeah, obviously since hope is stupid.

Hope doesn't exist, happiness is just an illusion, get that through your thick skull.

When I walked into the house, my dad was sitting on the couch watching tv, and he would get mad that I was out this whole time, so I quietly crept upstairs.

I got ready to sleep and plopped down on my bed to read a bit.

--------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I hope you liked this chapter

Vote and Comment!

-Sarah