Chapter 46

A/N: hope you guys like the new book cover!

RIP old cover..

Emma's POV

"Need a ride home?" Brendon asked as the last bell rang, finally.

"Yeah, Eric has basket ball practice with Levi or something" I shrug, and he nods.

We walk out of the school and to the parking area. We go to Brendon's car and I sat down in the passengers' seat.

"You uh feeling better..after what happened today?" Brendon asked, as I nodded.

Of course that was a lie, how the crap would I be okay after what happened.

"You don't look okay" he states. I fake a smile at him "See I'm fine" I say as he frowns.

"What?" I ask. "Stop faking it, you're real smile is way prettier" he says as my cheeks heat up.

But I refuse to believe him, if I was pretty, everyone would like me, I wouldn't get bullied, I wouldn't feel worthless.

And plus,  how can I smile, when barely anything makes me happy?

After a while, we finally arrive at my house and I open the door to leave, when Brendon grabbed my wrist.

I winced in pain and turned around to look at him with a smile, but screaming on the inside.

I can not let him find out I cut myself again.

"Want me to stay?" Brendon asked. "No, its okay, I need to study for my uh test tomorrow anyways" I shook my head and forced a smile.

He frowned again."I said stop the fake smiling, smile for real." He scolds me.

I roll my eyes." Okay, okay I'll try" I say, even though I knew I wasn't going to, because even if I try, it turns into a fake smile, its like I don't even know how to smile for real anymore.

I mean yes, I was quite happy for a few months but as usual, everything comes crashing down when I finally think I am happy again.

I got out of the car and jogged towards the front door then  waved.

Brendon waved back then drove away.

I sighed, and unlocked the house and walked in.

I trudged upstairs, dragging my bag along with me and went into my room and shut the door with my back.

I stood there for a moment then headed to the bathroom.

I went infront of the mirror and looked at myself.

I looked disgusting.

I rolled my sleeves and looked at the cuts through the mirror.

I took off my shirt to take a shower but then slid down on the floor and burst into tears.