Chapter 32

Emma's POV

I couldn't move, I couldn't and didn't want to look up at Jesse.

And did he just pick up my books for me?

I bet he will drop them by 'accident' when I try to take it from him.

I slowly move my hand and took the books from him.

Wait, did he just give them to me? Just like that?

"Emma, you don't have to be scared...I changed," He said backing up a bit.

He changed? Very funny.

"Huh?" I ask, finally looking up at him. He let out a sigh. " yes, I know I was a jerk for bullying you before. I'm really sorry Emma, I promise I changed and realized how stupid I was to insult you and other stuff I did to you, so I'm apologizing now, please forgive me" he said, grabbing both my hands all of a sudden.

"Uh..." I was speechless.

"Its fine, I'll give you some time to think about it, maybe until Sunday? We can get lunch somewhere, you can invite your friends if you're not comfortable to come alone.." He said, waiting for my answer.

"Um..sure," I said, not believing the words that just came out of my mouth."great." He said and walked away. Am I dreaming? Did he actually apologize just now?

Just then, the bell rang, I shook my head and headed towards my next class. Physics.

I took a seat and soon other students came into class and took their seats, soon Brendon came in and took a seat next to me.

"Hey," he said, giving me a smile."Hi," I said. "Oh yeah, you know Jesse right?" I asked.

"Yup," he said. "well he asked me to hang out with him-"

"A date?" He asked cutting me off. "No, let me finish, he asked me to hang out with him and he wants me to bring some friends, so it's not a date or awkward or anything," I say, glaring at him.

I would never date that guy after everything he did to me in the past years.

"So, why are you telling me this?" He asked.

"I'm telling you to come with me, idiot," I say, rolling my eyes."Okay, I'll come," he said, laughing then turning his gaze back to the teacher.

___

I woke up to the sound of hearing a car honking outside my house.

I groaned as I rubbed my eyes and looked at the alarm clock, today is Sunday.

Today is- shit I forgot.

I jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom and washed my face. I heard the doorbell ring. Ignoring it, I brushed my teeth and ran to my closet and threw on a long sleeved shirt and jeans and grabbed my hoodie and ran downstairs while trying to tie my hair.

The bell kept ringing constantly, my ears were starting to hurt, I ran over to the door and then opened it. Brendon was standing there, with his finger an inch away from the doorbell.

"Don't.you.fucking.dare," I said, slapping his finger away from the doorbell.

He laughed and came into the house." Is this going to be a regular thing for you? Coming into my house just like that?" I asked, putting my hand on my hip.

Brendon just shrugged and walked to the kitchen.

I followed Brendon into the kitchen and glared at him, who was looking in the fridge. My fridge.

Ugh.

I walked over to him as he took out a chocolate bar, as I snatched it from him and went in front of my fridge.