Chapter 52

Emma's POV

"Oh.." I said, as I pulled my dad into a hug.
He buried his head in the crook of my neck, and then suddenly started laughing.

I pulled away from the hug, and he was laughing. "She said yes Emma, I was joking" He laughed, as a few tears flowed down my dad's face. "Seriously? You scared me!" I yelled. I should have known, my dad jokes about everything...

"I can't f*ckng believe she said yes" My dad, said, with a big smile. "I can't believe you just swore" I laughed, as my dad laughed as well. "It's not like you don't so shush." My dad said.

"Well, that's great dad! I'm happy for you, so when is the wedding?" I asked. "In 2 months, during June, after you finish school, the rest of the planning isn't done, I decided to go to her house tomorrow and we are going to plan everything." My dad informed me as I smiled.

"Okay, cool" I said, "Oh and Avery and I want you and Becky to be the bridesmaids, so I'm asking you now, if you want to be " My dad said, as my jaw dropped. 

"Hell yeah, of course, I'll be the bridesmaid, and I'll ask Becky, I'm sure she'll say yes though."I jumped up. "That's great, I want to thank you Emma, for supporting me, I thought you would freak out and get mad that I was replacing your mother or something" My dad said, as I smiled. 

"Dad, no one will ever replace mom, but that doesn't mean you don't get to be happy and be in love again, I mean, it's been more than 10 years, I'm not mad that you moved on" I said.

 "Emma, honestly, I'll never move on from Isabella, she was the love of my life, and she'll always have a place in my heart, but I love Avery too, alot actually, I want to spend the rest of my days with her, I mean, I am only 39 right now, I have a long way to go before I die." He chuckled.

 "I love you dad, I'll support you with any decision you make" I said, as my dad pulled me into a hug and as he pulled away, he wiped away a few tears." I love you too" He said.

We went to the kitchen, because I was hungry, and my dad sat down at the kitchen island, as I decided to make omelets. Yes, at 11 pm, omelet. 

"So, Emma, how's your love life?" My dad asked. "Out of everything, you had to bring that up?"I groaned as my dad chuckled. "No really, I heard you and Eric broke up, but I decided not to do anything about it since, you don't seem very affected by it, and I know you're attached to Brendon" My dad said, as I almost choked on the water I was drinking. "How do you know that?" I asked, "You're my daughter, I know when you like someone and when you don't, and seeing the way Brendon looks at you, I know he feels the same way about you" My dad said, as I rolled my eyes.

"Well...I mean, yeah, I like Brendon, but he likes another girl, he told me himself, so whatever, I'll get over him soon" I said, trying convince my dad, more like myself.

I'll get over him soon...right?

"Maybe you might get over him, but look, I know he likes you, I used to look at your mother the same way as he looks at you Emma, and plus, did he tell you who the other girl is?" My dad said, "Uh, duh" I said, as he raised his brow. "Ugh, fine, no he didn't give me her name, but he did tell me he was going to ask her to prom, and he didn't ask me, so I'm sure it's not me." I said.

"Whatever you say" My dad said, shrugging.

...............

One week later- Prom day!! ( I know I'm fast forwarding a lot, but I don't have any ideas to fill in the days, plus the drama is only beginning now, lol prepare yourselves *cue evil laugh*)

"Come on Emma, finish your shower!" Becky yelled, as I rolled my eyes. "Okay, I'm almost done!" I yelled back. Tonight was prom, and apparently, to Becky, 2 hours isn't enough time to get ready.  I mean, all you have to do is, put on your dress, some makeup, do your hair and done! Who needs 2 hours for that?