Chapter 11

Emma's POV

Becky left about half an hour ago, as I walked up to my room to start my homework.

I open my bag and put my library books aside, and took out my school books and started my homework.

I never really minded doing homework, it wasn't half bad. It's technically revising or resolving what you've learned at school that day.

I finish my homework in about half an hour, and sat on my bed, and started checking Pinterest and Tumblr on my MacBook.

I'm not into Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media people my age are crazy about.

I check the date and saw that there was about a week before Halloween, but as usual, I won't be going to any parties and probably go trick or treating with Becky and Ella.

That's of course if Ella comes around of whatever she is upset about. I still didn't figure it out, because she blocked my number and Becky's too.

Trick or treating may sound childish to you, but I really didn't care what other people thought, because come on, you get free candies and chocolates and sweets.

The only problem is I always leave my costume to the last minute, and Becky prepares like a week before Halloween.

This time, remembering last Halloween when I had to suffer from Becky's lecture about her telling me a billion times not to leave costume making or shopping for the last minute.

I decided to check on Pinterest a simple costume that I can make or find in the malls with cheap prices since I didn't want to look fancy. I wanted something comfortable, obviously.

Scrolling down Pinterest, I found costumes that were all too fancy and looked extremely uncomfortable to wear.

So I decided on looking for Halloween makeup, and the outfit, I could just wear all black or something.

Since Becky wears makeup like everywhere she goes and she is really good at makeup, I decided on picking a pretty and simple one, that looks kind of complicated, but Becky would probably ask why I couldn't choose something fancier, which basically means more complicated.

I keep scrolling down, impressed by most of them, until I finally came across the perfect simple and pretty makeup idea.

I sent it to Becky, and texted me back with all caps, saying she couldn't wait.

The picture was the makeup artist, she had stitches on the side of her face, and her eye makeup wasn't simple as I wanted it to be, but no harm trying something just once right?

Her lips were black, and since black was one of my favorite colors, I liked it, it wasn't that bad.

As for my outfit, I decided to choose it later, since I just had to get a shirt and jeans or leggings, that would somehow match the makeup

Closing my computer, I walk down the hallway, the walls were baby blue, and the floor was covered with grey carpets. There were photo frames on the wall and one of them caught my eyes, causing my eyes to water, I place my finger on the picture, of me, my dad, my brother, and my mom.

More tears flowed down my cheeks, as I look at my mom, I could remember her soft voice, her soft and flowy brown hair, and her dark brown eyes, and her pale skin. I missed her way too much, I couldn't handle it.

I could remember whenever I had nightmares, she would run into my room, hold me in her arms and sang me to sleep. I had this nightmare, my mom left us, and that night, my mom promised that she would never leave us, and she promised to see me graduate from high school.

That was the only promise she had ever broken. I never understood why she had to make such a decision to just leave us here all alone.

She left me her knitted blanket and her neckless that my grandmother had given my mom before she died.

I go to the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth, sat in bed and wrapped myself in the knitted blue blanket and started reading the books that I had borrowed from the library.

....

I woke up, hearing my phone ringing. I groan and answered the phone without reading who it was" hello?" I say yawning," Wake up Emma, you're not answering my texts, so I called to tell you, that I can't pick you up today, sorry."Becky said through the phone.

"Okay, I got it, bye," I say ending the call before she changes the subject and goes on blabbing forever.

I walk to the bathroom and took a shower, and went to my closet to dress in something warm this time because it was pretty cold outside yesterday.

I put my dark gray hoodie on and so black skinny jeans, light grey beanie, and my white converse.

I brush my hair out and put on my beanie, I quickly grab my phone and see what time it was, to see if I could catch a bus.

I brushed my hair out and put on my beanie, I quickly grab my phone and see what time it was, to see if I could catch a bus. Thankfully, there was but I had to run.

I grab my bag, I'm glad I packed it yesterday after studying. I run down the stairs and ran to the kitchen, grabbed an apple and my keys" bye dad, I need to run to catch the bus." I say."Goodbye sweetie" he says sipping his coffee.

I run out if the house, trying to put on my converse properly while running. Thankfully, I didn't fall.

I run towards the bus station and got on the bus, just in time. Thanks to this grandma that took long boarding the bus.

..

As the bus stopped, I walk towards my school, and then to my locker.

On the way, I felt something was wrong, why was everyone staring at me, pointing and laughing.

Did I miss something?

No bitch, you're just super ugly.

As always.

I walked without giving anyone a glance and sat in the crowded homeroom, and Becky called me over quickly to the back of the class.

I sat down next to her and she put the phone right at my face, looking at the screen, I could feel my face turning pale. My life was officially over.

_____________________________

Hey guys, new chapter! Earlier then I thought, again, because I was bored. Hope you enjoyed it!!

Vote and Comment!

-Sarah