Chapter 6

Emma's POV

I woke up to the sound of my loud alarm, I smacked the snooze button on top of the alarm and rolled to the other side of the bed and fell asleep again.

I woke up again hearing my dad yelling from downstairs for me to come to eat my breakfast.

I look at my alarm and see that I would have to leave in 5 minutes or I would be late for school.

I quickly jumped up, running to the bathroom, I wash my face and brushed my teeth.

I then ran to my wardrobe and grabbed a black sweater with blue jeans and my white converse and ran to my makeup desk and pulled my hair up in a messy bun and applied some clear lip gloss.

I run to my desk and throw my school books in my bag, and looked at the time, I was already 5 minutes late, I grabbed my book from my table, and ran down the stairs.

My dad wasn't there so he probably left to work already. I open the fridge and grabbed a granola bar took my keys and ran out of the house when I just realized I didn't lock the house, so I ran back and did.

As I got on the sidewalk to begin my journey to school, I heard an engine roar behind me, I quickly turn around seeing Brendon on his motorcycle, holding a helmet in one hand "need a ride?"

I just look at him "there is no way I'm getting on the thing"

He chuckles and looks at the time on his imaginary watch as says"you're gonna be late" I just look at him, he is right, I am late...

I just nod and go up to him and he hands me the helmet that was in his hand.

I wear the helmet and sat behind him, I put my arms lightly around his torso, not wanting to wrap my arm tightly.

He turns around and says" You're gonna fall off, you have to hold onto me tighter, it won't be so bad since you're hands get to feel my abs, babe," he says with a smirk.

"No, you got it all wrong, your abs get to feel my hands" I answer with a smirk of my own.

Did I really just-

He just laughs and starts the engine that makes me get scared because come on, it's my first time on a motorcycle, this was gonna be a hell of a ride.

Finally arriving at school I fall off the bike, kissing the ground "LAND, oh I missed you" I yelled and turned to see Brendon giving me a confused look then starts laughing

"come on, it wasn't that bad" I just look at him like he said he got pregnant,"Are you kidding, we were legit on light speed, I was gonna die," I say posing a dramatically." but thank you though" I quickly blurt out.

"Don't mention it," he says as he walks away.

Just then the bell rang, I ran towards my locker and got my books and walked a bit fast since we had to go to homeroom before classes actually start.

I walk into class, and go to the back where there was an empty seat, I opened my book to read. The book was almost over,it was called "Legend Of The Blue Sea", it was about a mermaid who gets legs and meets a guy, that takes care of her because she looked like a homeless person, until he falls in love with her, and they go through a lot of trouble together.

The part I'm on, is when they get cornered by guys with guns that were trying to kill the guy, they jump into the ocean and he sees that she is a mermaid, she leans in and kisses him.

Mermaids have the ability to take away the memories of themselves by kissing a human.

Then he finds himself on the beach, trying to remember what had happened, and as he woke up, he just heard an echo saying "I love you".

Why did she have to take his memories of her away like why ugh...

I hear the bell ring as I walk out of homeroom and checked my schedule and groaned, I have P.E, the worst lesson ever, but I always sit under the bleachers and read, hiding from the coach, and everyone else.

I walk to the girls' locker room and change into my tank top and leggings, and my runners, trying to look like I'm ready for P.E but I'm going to do is escape and read under the bleachers.

I walk towards the fields and see Mr.Harold already yelling at students, I quickly run under bleachers and sat on the grass and opened my book.

As I look up, I see Mr.Harold whistling his whistle extremely loudly at students and yelling at them to run around the track faster.

I pull out my phone from my pocket and took out my headphones from my bag, and went through my playlist and pressed shuffle and the song "In The Name Of Love" by Martin Garrix. I bobbed my head with the beat while reading my book.

After a while, I felt someone tap on my headphones, I look up to see a guy with a black fitted cap, and the "Beastie Boys" band shirt, he had a silver chain neckless.

"Um hey," I said.

I take my headphones off and look at him as he opens his mouth to talk.

"Hi, nice to meet you, I'm Theo, Brendon's best friend." and puts his hand out for me to shake, I grab it.

"Emma," I say shaking his hand.

"I was just wondering..that other girl the other day, when she came to Brendon and gave him a kick in the balls, is she your best friend?" he says while itching the back of his neck.

"Yes, actually she is," I say realizing his face turn red, he obviously liked her, before he could ask something else.

I mean, no he doesn't like her I guess- yet. Because they clearly never talked to each other before.

"I.. What's her-" he tried to say.

"Her name is Becky" I blurt out.

He looks at me and smiles "Thanks, see you around" he says turning, and jogging away.

Just then I heard someone yell my name, I quickly turn around and see Mr.Harold glaring at me.

-----------------------------------

Hey guys, hope you liked this chapter

Vote and Comment!

-Sarah