Chapter 27

A/n: There is a spoiler of the movie La La land in this chapter so, if you didn't watch and want to watch it soon, I'll warn you when that part comes, but you can read if you like spoilers, lol.

Emma's POV

I look at Levi like I've just seen a ghost. This can't be happening, I wanted to pinch myself hoping that I would wake up and this was all just a bad dream, but I didn't. "Are you going to go take a seat here or what?" The teacher said clearing his throat.

I quickly pick up my bag and my books and walked over to Levi's desk and took a seat next to him. That's when I realized that the whole class was quiet and they were all staring at me. Girls were giving me nasty looks and evil glares.

Jez, it's not my fault that he picked a card and for some terrible reason, it was my name. I didn't like being the center of attention, I never have and never will. I look down and organized my books, praying that the teacher would start teaching or at least for the bell to ring so I could get out of this extremely uncomfortable and awkward situation.

"Ok class, you need to start this project right away. You and your partner will have until after the winter break to finish this assignment. Oh and each student will be graded individually, so you must work az a team, not one of you do all the work and both students get good grades, no you must both work together."Mr.Baron says as the bell rings.

There was this week and one more week till the winter break, and next week its just exams and no lessons.

I get up and put my copybook in my bag, I could feel Levi staring at me, and it's making me extremely uncomfortable. I carry my bag and turned around to face Levi.

You know when they say, face your fears? Definitely, the wrong time to face my fears of talking to some popular freak, but I turned around anyway. "Hey," I say, more confidently than I thought. "Hey nerd," he replied.

Exactly what I was expecting. Such a great way to great your freaking partner that you have to work with.

"I have a name you know, and I'm not a nerd, I'm just smart. There is a difference. Oh, and you better be nice because we apparently have to work together and I'm not planning on failing because of you- also what's wrong with being a nerd? "I rambled angrily. Since he gave me a bad first impression, I don't mind giving him a bad first impression as well.

"Whoa, I was just joking, but you're cute when you're mad," he says winking.

What the fuck? My cheeks feel like they are on fire. Oh great.

Thankfully, he waved and left the class. I sigh, looking around, a lot of girls still glaring at me, I'm getting a feeling I'm going to get a lot of threats like ' stay away from him' or 'don't touch him he is mine' or possibly both.

I rush out of class and went to my locker, Theo and Becky were there. "Hey guys," I say, greeting them while opening my locker. "Hey," they both say.

"Have you guys seen Brendon?"I ask. Theo and Becky shook their heads. I'm getting quite worried, did something bad happen?

..

Becky and I came back home from school and we sat in the kitchen eating while talking. I told Becky about Levi and she exploded.

We went to sit on the couch in the living room and then she started talking really fast about many things and I barely understood anything. I mean I'm quiet and a great listener, unless I'm deep in thoughts and worried about something, then I wouldn't be concentrating on what a person is saying.

"Emma! Are you even listening?" Becky asked, waving her hand in front of my face." yeah uh- yeah," I say, blinking rapidly. "No your not," Becky says crossing her arms. "Fine, I'm sorry I'm just worried about Brendon. He has been acting weird since that day when he almost kissed me, or maybe he wasn't even going to kiss me."I say, sitting up.